-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesy1197

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys, today may daily driver 72 demon was t- boned by a f350. The driver didnt have a license and had a warrant out for their arrest, but my luck the cop claimed i was at fault and my insurance wont cover me. Me and my friend built this car from nothing. It had no engine or trans. Wiring and floor was gone. Trunk floor and frame gone. No interior parts and its been on the road for two months, but now my entire rear clip is destroyed along with the frame, so if anyone is able to help out with cheap parts it would be more than appreciated, thanks guys.

I know you killed yourself to get it on the road, but the damage you're talking about there, it well beyond a few parts. On a uni-body car that can easily be fatal. Before anything else is done, I'd have a body shop's eye put on it, and have the unibody checked for alignment.

I Know exactly what you mean but good for me the previous owner was a terrible welder and it was in a rear end collision at one point. And the Quarters taillight panel and the trunk floor have been replaced along with homemade frame Where the leaf spring mounts are and they broke. Good for me i have the frame and trunk floor all attatched from a valiant that i cut the cabin floor from. So all i need is the quarters taillight panel bumper and taillights everything else i have cut. So im gonna cut the back half off basically put the car on a lift at my work and weld up from the inside out.

Dude, good luck man, I really wish you luck and I am glad you are really okay. If I could help in someway, I would, but I really dont have alot of parts. PM me a mail address and I will send you some bumper bolts and washers and some bulbs. Whatever I can get to help you cheap as I am trying to get my car on the road ASAP too

I've got a set of rear rails with the leaf mount brackets if you need one or both.

Wheelhouse and some other stuff.

You might put a list together of what you need.

.......The driver of the truck is at fault.....also the vehical owner is at fault as well.......he should not have been on the road.......therefore you would never of got hit.......get a lawyer to send a letter to his/their insurance.......kim/.............

.......The driver of the truck is at fault.....also the vehical owner is at fault as well.......he should not have been on the road.......therefore you would never of got hit.......get a lawyer to send a letter to his/their insurance.......kim/.............

jonesy1197 - You said the driver didn't have a license and had a warrant out for his arrest. Did the truck belong to him or did he borrow it from somebody else (hopefully it wasn't stolen)?
If the truck didn't belong to him, perhaps you can go after the vehicle owner since it should be his responsibility to verify the driver is properly credentialed and insured.
I know too many people are "lawsuit happy" but it seems to be warranted in this case.
Just a thought since I don't have any Demon parts to help you out with.
Good luck!

.........Also the policeman is wrong, probably because you young your in the wrong.......like i said b4 get a lawyer.........kim.......

.........Also the policeman is wrong, probably because you young your in the wrong.......like i said b4 get a lawyer.........kim.......
Please do. Something similar happened to me, fight it as best as you can. I regretted not fighting it, your insurance is gonna fly through the roof.:angry7:

Actually the driver was driving a company vehicle for a interior remodeling company so the company should be at fault since he was driving and working for them with a warrant out for him. And in the state of new jersey your license is immediatly revoked when a warrant is out for you. And from the damage seen i was making a left turn with a suv limo causing a blind spot and he hit the last 3 feet of my car which is at least 16 feet long and shpuld have plenty of time to react. So i go to court on the 14th to fight my ticket if i win then their insurance will total the car. Then i plan to sue them to get it back the way it was after i buy the salvage title back.

Actually the driver was driving a company vehicle for a interior remodeling company so the company should be at fault since he was driving and working for them with a warrant out for him. And in the state of new jersey your license is immediatly revoked when a warrant is out for you. And from the damage seen i was making a left turn with a suv limo causing a blind spot and he hit the last 3 feet of my car which is at least 16 feet long and shpuld have plenty of time to react. So i go to court on the 14th to fight my ticket if i win then their insurance will total the car. Then i plan to sue them to get it back the way it was after i buy the salvage title back.
Best of luck man!! I used to live in New Milford, quite a ride from you. Please keep us updated man

I've got a tail panel and some sets of tail lights. PM me if you're interested and I'll get some pictures to you.

Left Demon tail light with a couple of chips in the lower left side of picture.

HPIM1388.jpg

HPIM1389.jpg

Demon left tail light with no chips.

HPIM1390.jpg

my dad is a Cheif Master certified frame technition and has been in the buisness for 30 years, thats not all that hard of a hit obviously it must go on a frame rack but it didnt even blow the back glass, if that were my duster him and i would be putting it on the rack and fixing it, no way is it junk. needs a full AMD quarter, trunk floor extention AMD, Trunk Gutter AMD, deck lid, trunk floor straigtened, Taillight Pannel AMD, tailights, bumper, and brackets AMD. yea your talking about 1000 bucks in parts but you could defedently have it fixed for no more than 3000 if you have to pay someone to do something, just trying to help.

Thanks i just have to fight to get any money. So far i put everything i had into it to get it to be a reliable daily and sold my other car just to be able to afford to do so.

Ok so i just found out from a lawyer that i cant fight the ticket due to he was driving in a straight line whether or not he could have stopped. Also due to that if i tried to sue the company for having the unlicensed driver driving their vehicle, that their lawyer will pull the it doesnt make a difference you would have been in the accident anyway. So as of right now it looks like im getting no where with the Demon.

wow, vultures on a dead deer^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nah, j/k lol

from the pics, it looks like there is plenty of bondo in the car already..........so, i would buy a el-chepo quarter, cut it as desired, weld it in place, and go to town with some more bondo. i will guees, and say that the car still drves striaght. go to a junk yard, and grab a caddy hood, for all the straight sheet metal off of it, and have that puppy lookin good in a few days.

Dump that Lawyer. He doesn't see enough money in it for him. Anyone can become a Lawyer. But not every Lawyer is a good Lawyer. Shop around and listen to what and how they say they will or will not take your case. It's all about $$$$ for them selves. Stay away from Lawyers that advertise on TV or bill board adds. It cost them money to put those adds up because they need the business. The smaller the add the better. Some Lawyers don't even need advertise their that busy. But it still all comes to the bottom line. How much $$$$ for them.
Good luck & stand your ground.

I have no plans to ever sell the car. And from the shape it was in before when i first picked it up everyone but me and my friend said it would never see the road and if it did it would be years later. Well for us it took a year full of cutting, welding, shaping, and making to get it where she was before the accident. That car will never see the scrapyard or be cut to be in another car. I put everything i had into this car and she will be back and better. Just as long as i get a better paying job than being a Dodge technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back