Dented outer rocker panel...how to fix?

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
I have a 70 dart with driver side rocker caved in a little bit....how would you fix?...I was thinking bout cutting out area and welding in patch from another doner car...how would you cut it out?

20221027_155337.jpg

Spot welder dent puller will make quick work of that.

I welded a nail onto my rocker and used it to pull on. Start at each edge and pull it out slowly. Do not start in the center!

IMG_4016.JPG

Spot welder dent puller will make quick work of that.
True that. I remember the first time some one asked me for a Spitznagel about 30 years ago. I had never heard of that tool or brand before. :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:

Great, seems easier than I thought would be....good info Rusty as always...thanks big guy..

Seems like a nail would really do the job well...I'm gonna try that..thanks rklein383

Side pipes....hmmmm I really like them on a duster...maybe later...I do still like traction bars

I welded a nail onto my rocker and used it to pull on. Start at each edge and pull it out slowly. Do not start in the center!

View attachment 1716003496
I tried this on a 1970 B-body and got no place really fast. It was so tuff it wouldn’t budge at all. Had to remover it at the pinchwelds and replace the outer rocker.

interesting that it works on the A bodies.

One could cut the dent out and straighten it and weld the piece back if it doesn’t want to pull out.

You can get some serious leverage on the vise grip with a goose neck crow bar. Gonna need a strong fulcrum to keep from causing more damage.

The pros weld a line of pins and pull with a attaching block. Pull, heat, and tap.

1666919162070.png

Last edited:
Hey Mike I need me one of those snatch blocks...that's some real deal HD equip...

Take the body plug out of the end of rocker , spray some ether in there and light it ….

LOL. … NO DONT DO THAT !

I tried this on a 1970 B-body and got no place really fast. It was so tuff it wouldn’t budge at all. Had to remover it at the pinchwelds and replace the outer rocker.

interesting that it works on the A bodies.
Wouldn't be too bad to cut the pinch weld and hammer and dolly the OP's back out. His just had a push on it. Doesn't looked creased

Your dent is right up front. It may be very possible to remove the end cap and use some body spoons to massage it out.
I have the wiggle wire kit for my lenco spot welder. Works like a champ for things like this.

It‘s hard to define a repair procedure without being there and knowing the tool battery.
If there is a will there is a way.

-
Back