Detroit Muscle Technologies Windshield Gaskets?

-

72Dart6pack

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
Reaction score
Has anyone used Detroit Muscle Technologies Windshield gaskets? I have been impressed with their product line so far but no reviews on Windshield Gaskets. If anyone has? Please chime in on this topic. My Car is a 1972 Dart Swinger. 2 door Ht.

Screenshot_20200830-200724_Chrome.jpg

I would contact them and see if they are the manufacturer or reseller, if reseller find out the manufacturer.

I'm pretty sure they are Precision gaskets just under there name? Based on the part number.

used front and back on my valiant. perfect fit. the glass guy even complimented them for fitting correctly, and he does a lot of mopars

If you do a search for the last half of the part number wcrd690, it will come up as a Precision windshield seal. That is a very good price!

I've only heard great things about Precision. They are the only mfg for the oddball 67 1 year only gaskets and mylar lockstrip.
@RPM440+6 is knowledgable about these, and a retailer for Precision.

Has anyone used Detroit Muscle Technologies Windshield gaskets? I have been impressed with their product line so far but no reviews on Windshield Gaskets. If anyone has? Please chime in on this topic. My Car is a 1972 Dart Swinger. 2 door Ht.

View attachment 1715587056

I've used this company for all the heater box gaskets, body plugs, etc.. only issue was with heater box hoses which they addressed and fixed immediately at no extra charge to me. if they supply it, chances are it is a top notch product.

Another stellar Mopar Parts supplier ! Highly recommend!!

There is basically only Precision Rubber Products and Steele Rubber making the gaskets for the 67 to 76 A-Body applications. So all of the vendors are buying from one of the two. Most vendors will offer the Precision line as they are generally half or more the price of a Steele gasket for the same application. Also, Steele rubber has a very small network of vendors as they want to keep the pricing in line with their suggested retail.

We have sold hundreds of the 690 gaskets over the years and I do not recall ever having anyone claiming an issue with one. Having been involved in the manufacturing, wholesaling and retailing these gaskets for close to 30 years, everybody buys from each other to have coverage.

If you want to purchase a specific brand and your vendor is not able to tell you the manufacturer, I would look at another vendor. In this case, search out your preferred vendor for the Precision WCRD 690 gasket. The 690A gasket is the convertible windshield gasket and the 690B is the 67 specific gasket with the lock strip which is only manufactured by Precision with the correct lock strip.

Hope that this helps with any confusion.
Richard

They are reselling the Precision Gaskets. If you look up the part number, you'll find it matches the Precision part number. My '65 Barracuda gasket came from Detroit Muscle because the price with shipping was the best. It was a Precision Gasket, still in the original package and it fit great.

Agree with all above. I got both gaskets from them based on past deals. They are Precision gaskets so the same product as 98% of the other suppliers but from a supplier who can be fully relied on.

I believe DMT makes all of there own flat gaskets. Used them for everything on mine and all worked great. But I don't know if they make any of the formed gaskets. I got Precision from another vendor and it was a good fit.

Just ordered my parts today. Jim at Detroitmuscletechnologies.com was awesome. Knew exactly what I needed. You can not go wrong with this company. Super impressed. Life long buyer from now on. :)

Parts came today. No shipping charge because I'm close to the shop. They just showed up on my porch. Yes, I still had to pay for them though. Jim from DTM has gone out of his way again to keep customers happy.
:thumbsup:

20200904_190557.jpg

-
Back