did I get the wrong stuff?

-

player1up

Reaction score
I went to finish up my suspension rebuild for the passenger side...but when I tried to thread in the outer tie rod end and whammo.. the thing has reverse threads...the original part has reverse threads, and the new part has standard.

did the guy at the auto parts store give me the wrong part or did he give me two of the driver side?

or is the one I have for the inner on the passenger side? :scratch:

If you are rebuilding the entire front suspension, you should have two tie rod ends with left hand threads & two with right hand threads. You need one of each per side.

Thats interesting. My 74 duster and 72 cuda had nothing but right hand threads on all the tie rod/centerlink ends

How could you adjust the toe if they were all the same thread?

You undo one end, and adjust, then re-install. I've seen this on other makes, and even on my lawn tractor.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

That sounds like a work-around for something that was put together with the wrong parts.

FYI, the the outer tie-rods should be "Right-hand" thread, and the inners are ""Left-hand" thread. , SO by turning each adjuster sleeve clockwise, adjusts the toe "in" on for that side.

This is the info from the suspension book. Hope this helps.

Yup, The guy at the parts store gave me all of the SAME part.

Oh yeah and just found out today that JCwhitney sent me the wrong leaf springs......

or again am I nuts?

The mfg part number is PLY 707 catalog number is 967570 for a 73 plymouth duster.

DSCF0019 (Small).JPG

DSCF0020 (Small).JPG

DSCF0018 (Small).JPG

I "feel" for ya! Been there...It's even worst when your on-line order arrives totolly screwed and ya got to send it back $$ :sad1: . All I can say is that's the glory we get for the love...(and hate) of rebuilding our a-bodies. "One more deep breath"

If they sent the wrong parts they should eat the return shipping. If it was only a couple bucks shipping it wouldn't be a big deal but I know what it costs to ship springs.

jc whitney is the best deal goin for shipping, 70 sumpthing to anywhere u.s. (except us)
..back to original subject,
when i rebuilt my front end, the last piece to go on, and the only one that didn't fit was that very same tie rod end, the RF.
i got my kit from p-s-t (polyeurowhatever, not rubber) and every thing else was tits, ..went in real smooth with the help of the suspension tool kit from u.s muscle.

i do, however, live in a condo and do not have the benefit of leaving my car on blocks for very long, so, since the original tie rod end was still in decent shape, she went back in.
when i get a chance, i'll go get fresh one w/ poly bushings, with the correct(reverse) threads.

Why didn't you have the originals rearched at a spring shop? I did this on my barracuda and it cost only $80.00.

rearched? do they rebuild all of the spacers as well?
new springs were only $120 and I didn't have to leave the car on stands for a week. ooopps that was before JC sent me the wrong crap!

Does anyone know what the new springs in the picture are from??

They have a pentastar logo on the front rubber bushing.. so, from ma mopar, just not for my mopar :scratch:

I just don't want to be in the place where I say "send me ones for a 73 duster" and they send me the SAME thing..

as far as shipping goes, they have preauthorized return lables on the springs.

ALL I KNOW IS THAT I"M NOT PAYING FOR SHIPPING IF I DIDN"T SCEW UP!

I even when back to the website and checked my saved vehicles for any possible differences, but it was fine.

Thanks for the support!

Those look like the same style front leaf spring bushings I had on my 73-74 Satellites. I think you got the wrong parts, personaly.

krabysniper said:
Those look like the same style front leaf spring bushings I had on my 73-74 Satellites. I think you got the wrong parts, personaly.

I agree, the front bushing looks just like the ones on my '77 Cordoba. Looks like the had the year right just wrong body series.

Chuck

ok so after spending a few minutes on the phone the guy from JC said that the manufacturer told him that my car takes springs that are 20" from front eye center to axle alignment pin AND that he would have to do some research into whether the manufacturer sent the wrong part or if the part listed on the site is wrong..

meanwhile back on planet earth, JC is sending out return lables and I'm waiting on a call to tell me what the availability of the springs is and/or when I should get them.

oh well not like I don't have enough OTHER work to do...

-
Back