Did my neighbor go "stupid?"

-
Old girlfriend's dad owned a water truck, like the kind that sprays down dirt roads and construction sites. Made good money, enough to own a home in a great neighborhood in So. Cal. That's saying alot. Ive never seen such a dump truck in CA like that with all the bogie tires. Most have the rear swing down axles though. all the cement mixer trucks have those now. Something new in the last 10 years? As I dont recall seeing them growing up.

It is all about weight per axle. I suspect most of it is as I mentioned earlier, --spring thaw-- and damage to roads because of. I would guess rainy areas use the same thing, winter or no.

Definitely takes an in with the contractors doing the Cities road rebuilding work, they are contracted through the cities.
This ^^^^^.... Success will depend less on experience on this business and more on if your neighbor or someone involved can sell the services. Maintenance can be subbed to a shop for the most part... if they have some common sense about basic maintenance and operations.

Sell enough work and it is probably gonna work out. The concerns are more on the young operator not f'ing up things due to young bravado or ignorance. Having an experienced driver would make it better, but if the young driver has a good head on his shoulders, that'll make a big difference.

The "young driver" runs hot and cold. He seems to be "mellowing out" after his teen-age years. And commited, he and his girl have two children between them. But he has a turboed sled, and I chided him awhile back for starting it up, revving the snot out of it to get it on or off the trailer. "We'll see."

-
Back