Difference between 3&5

-

oldmodlover

Reaction score
What are the differences between 3 freeze plug and 5 freeze plug blocks ?
No need for the "2" replies. I do not have time for that ****.
If l want stupid answers l would just ask the wife. Grow up.

3 plug = 60-67 forged crank, #2463430 "RGFC early" painted red. 5 plug = 68-75 forged crank, #2906830 "RGFC late" painted blue. Beyond that I don't know.

3 plug = 60-67 forged crank, #2463430 "RGFC early" painted red. 5 plug = 68-75 forged crank, #2906830 "RGFC late" painted blue. Beyond that I don't know.

Thank you.
Another member sent me a link that ( for the most part) answered my question.

Block l am looking at to ( maybe) buy is 3 hole, painted blue, with the taper water pump gusset.
= early 225 forged crank.
Have a good day.

Thank you.

My original question has been answered by a couple great fellow FABO members.
Straight up and to the point.
Thank you guys.

To the rest who want to play games.............
Whatever.

e-funniest-things-I39ve-ever-seen-in-my-whole-life.-I-could-watch-this-sketc...-Best-Quotes-Love.jpg

My wifey told me that the 5-hole block ~1974 is considered strongest. One indication is that the front web on the L side is thicker. But, I haven't heard of 3-hole blocks failing, other than when a rod comes thru the side which might happen to any of them. So, best to use the "correct" one for your year.
Should I make a joke about the pillow-talk your wifey told me?

My wifey told me that the 5-hole block ~1974 is considered strongest. One indication is that the front web on the L side is thicker. But, I haven't heard of 3-hole blocks failing, other than when a rod comes thru the side which might happen to any of them. So, best to use the "correct" one for your year.
Should I make a joke about the pillow-talk your wifey told me?

Sure. Whatever yanks your crank.

Oh, and thank you so much for the info.
Very helpful and much appreciated.

My original question has been answered by a couple great fellow FABO members.
Straight up and to the point.
Thank you guys.

To the rest who want to play games.............
Whatever.

Your trophy arrived!

upload_2017-8-23_9-52-36.png

I can tell you how to determine if a head is very early, ie. 1960. It lacks an alternator bolt boss next to water inlet.

-
Back