Difficult websites

Does Edelbrock's new website suck?

• Sucks worse than not buying a spare ballast.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sucks almost as bad as some assclown saying you have a chevy 383 in your Mopar.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Ottmundr

68 Fastback
Reaction score
I suppose that this is more of a rant in frustration than anything else.

Have any of you guys tried to use the new Edelbrock website to find parts? The new site is pretty much designed to be impossible to find a part number for a particular item. Why they changed it from the old hierarchical system is beyond me.

The system of drop down menus is absolutely insulting as well. I am changing stuff from the stock setup, and therefore it AIN'T gonna fit in their convenient little "helper" system. Sons-a-bitches!

AND! Don't start me out displaying nine damn items on a page where I have to click to go to the next damn page. Put it all on one display. Summit does this crap too, and I often have to switch the default 10/page to 100/page.

I am trying to find the part numbers for the new AVS2 500 cfm carbs set up for a dual carb setup and their web design is severely pissing me off. I have spent at least ten minutes wading through ford and chevy crap and still haven't found the part number.

Don't kick your customers in the teeth when they are trying to GIVE YOU MONEY!

look at Isky's site and look for a cam......FAIL! Law of programming----Junk in, Junk out.

Haven't gone on there website but strange engineering, ****... I want to buy axles so I called and they guy says did you fill out the form?
Me, no I wanted to talk to someone before spending 700 bucks on something.

Him, ok but you have to fill out the form first.

Me, I clicked on it but nothing happens.

Him, you gotta down load it.

Me, I did it's just an Adobe file.

Him do you have acrobat editor?

Me, no.

Him, maybe on your work computer?

Me, I'm a carpenter....

Him, I can send you the form in the mail.

Me, cant I just give you the numbers?

Him, no we need the form....

Are you fing kidding me......

Idaho state to get disability lic plates.

Those are at least one type of plate you cannot get from the local DMV office, who knows why. You have to go onliine and apply

I guess it didn't occur to them that many who are disabled and might apply for these might be disabled and poor enough they cant afford bells 'n whistles

They have a form, but no way to edit the damn thing on their website. You COULD download the form, print it (if you can afford a printer) fill it out by pen, and mail it in. "Not exactly" online LOL

I finally managed to find some (irritating and annoying) pdf editing software and got the bloody thing filled out online.

Most automotive websites, suck...
I keep paper catalogs and watching SEMA and PRI news ,when I can.
Edit: Edelbrock used to send a free catalog disc out ,on request. Might check it out.

Last edited:
I hate comps and jegs. I would rather spent more at summit just because jegs website is horrible to navigate. Maybe its just because I always use my phone. Maybe they are better on pc.!?!

I hate comps and jegs. I would rather spent more at summit just because jegs website is horrible to navigate. Maybe its just because I always use my phone. Maybe they are better on pc.!?!
It is better on a PC. I never have any problem finding things on their websites.

Searching is an art, you need to change the terms you use to get outside of your own head and find the logic they use to find the things you want.

Adaptation is what we can do best...to enable getting what we want from others that don’t always make it easy to understand how they think.

I love it when you put a part number into an electronics manufacturers web site and they say Nothing found..Like D-Link and one of their modems. Model number straight off the front of the friggin modem. Or you find that the model has been discontinued and they purged everything relating to it.....WTH? Are you trying to save web space or something?

The part numbers are 1901 and 1902. I just bought one and have been talking to their tech guys. It's so new that they are behind on their support.

-
Back