Disappointed with my Fender Tag & Broadcast sheet of my car

-
I had something simular happen to me bout 3 ago. Paid $6000 for an apparent Hemi 0range 318 Duster that had the engine swapped to a 340 727 trans combo with an 8 3/4 rear. Official paper work concuring what the seller said etc.. I didnt know enough about I.D'ing engines etc... at the time needless to say the engine was never swapped just rebuilt in the 80's and it had a 7 1/4 rearend. Tried to go after the seller but would have cost more $$$ then it was worth plus court time.

Car is pictured below.

Did you verify the stamped digits on the frame? in may case all match,the only discrepancy is decoding my broadcast sheet,,,,maybe because is a car bulided for export with some rare options

yeah after i learned how to check all the stamping I looked and it was a 318/ 727/ 7.25 setup car. live and let learn i guess. lol

yeah after i learned how to check all the stamping I looked and it was a 318/ 727/ 7.25 setup car. live and let learn i guess. lol

Nice, for me is rare, all the 70 Duster that I saw here in PR with 318 motor have a 8.25 rear axle, maybe because are for export,,,i dont know! but I will continue in the research.

Hey Sam: For further confirmation could you please take a picture of the front of the K member from the front of the car and post it for me. You'll have to get down on the ground to get a good shot. We're looking for a small washer welded to the front center of your K member. Thanks

For me it would hold as much if not more water if a build sheet were decoded by FABO .

Hey Sam: For further confirmation could you please take a picture of the front of the K member from the front of the car and post it for me. You'll have to get down on the ground to get a good shot. We're looking for a small washer welded to the front center of your K member. Thanks

For me it would hold as much if not more water if a build sheet were decoded by FABO .

Give some days, I will go this weekend where is my Demon. I arrived yesterday from my parents house. I work in San Juan PR , and my parents live in the west side of the PR about 100 miles where I live. I have to take more pictures for Galen and I will take the pic for you. My father is working with the floors of my Demon because have rust and some holes, also I received yesterday from Year One the lower 1/4 panels and the trunks extensions, but I remember that the K member near or in the driver side (front side of the K member)have a rare welded washer, that I dont why the car have it. I check it but dont have any hold. Did you know why the K member have this washer?

Thanks
Sam

but I remember that the K member near or in the driver side (front side of the K member)have a rare welded washer, that I dont why the car have it. I check it but dont have any hold. Did you know why the K member have this washer?

Thanks
Sam

Read this thread to understand why Small Block is asking about the welded washer. Good luck to you on straightening this out with Galen.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49444

Read this thread to understand why Small Block is asking about the welded washer. Good luck to you on straightening this out with Galen.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49444

Hi, I saw the thread, and is very interesting, I saw somes pictures and are like my K member. Is rare this washer, maybe is for ID the 340 K-member. I am triying to think about if this washer help to strengthen it...is a mistery!!

Hi, excuse my delay, but this is the picture of the K-Member of My Demon that is in process of restoration

IMG_6133.jpg

Galen is a crook plain and simple. I can decode fender tags and broadcast sheets for car owners for free.

you send Galen a rubbing of an obvious repro tag what do you expect his reaction to be?

you send Galen a rubbing of an obvious repro tag what do you expect his reaction to be?

Yes, The first transacction was by email ( pictures and all the inf that he request), after he answers, he request to me a pictures if my car and the rubbing of the repro and original rusty trag of my car, and are on the way by mail. He will be look again. My repro tag was made by A.G. Backeast. I send to Galen a color copy of my oem broadcast, maybe he will be able to read better the paper. I will let you know his second answer.

I am impressed with all the help offered in this dilemna for this gentleman , but then thats why we all belong to such an organization and spend our free time checking in on it. That said, I'm equally amazed at all the slamming from some members towards GTS services for charging for their time. No matter what any of our professions are there is a hobbiest out thear that would do it for fun thus free and that is fine, but it's not their hobby. They spend all working hours of every working day researching the info for people. If you don't want to pay them for thier services don't ask them to perform them, and I can understand why they have no refunds. Can you imagine how many times you would research something for somebody only to give them the info that they don't have that hemi car they thought they had and now they really don't want to have to pay for it. After getting all the required information I'm sure they will make it right for you. I've worked with GTS and they were very fair business people but that is what they are , business people, we are hobbiest

Why would he be entitled to a refund? Galen (Who I don't care for) did his job.

He took the info provided and gave his opinion.

Something with the info convinced him that the car had shady documentation. He was paid to verify the info.... You not agreeing does not mean you get a refund. The service was provided.

No reason to decode the tag or any other info if it, in his opinion, was fake.

Many points of view here.... His (Galen) point being...

Its not right and thats all you need to know... That is a very valid position. If he (Galen) were to tell you what is wrong or what it "Should" be he runs the risk of becoming a resource for bogus car builders.
Bull. The guy paid for a decoding, too. He should have gotten Galen's opinion, and a decode of what was provided.

All the Broadcast Sheet and fender tag codes are online, so I don't see why anyone would pay someone to decode what they can decode for themselves for free.

The internet is amazing. I recently discovered a California vehicle registration slip from a 72 Demon I owned from 1978-1982 while going through some old files. I decided to Google the VIN to see what happened and it came up with this link. I was at least the second owner. I don't think the guy I bought it from in Sacramento, CA was the original owner.
After reading through all of the posts, I feel obligated to assist in helping Sammy on his journey in discovering his Demon's history.
When I owned the Demon it was the original Rootbeer brown color, no stripes, no hoodscoop, no sport hood treatment, bench seat, 340 727 auto on the column, regular dash, heat/air conditioning, PS, PB, and the regular non-remote mirror on driver side. While I owned it, I put the aluminum manifold and headers on it. I had painted the engine bay light gray
The 1972 340 was not the runner that my 1970 340 Duster was but I still enjoyed it. The Demon was also dampered with California emissions equipment.
In summary, the Demon I once owned with VIN LM29H2B273429 was a rust free California car that I sold in Sacramento, California in 1982.

you should send him a pm to let him know this. i don't think he has been on in awhile, so he might not see this. i know he would love to have this information as well....

you should send him a pm to let him know this. i don't think he has been on in awhile, so he might not see this. i know he would love to have this information as well....

This number LM29H2B273429 is not Sammy's car. It is a car that was used in comparison to his cars fender tag.

This was Sammy's car.

This is your car.... Everything looks good to me.

Vin: LM29H2B3xxxxx
Make: L = Dodge Dart / Demon
Price Class: M = Medium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Drive Train: H = 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 2 = 1972
Assembly Plant: B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number:

LM29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Sports Hardtop

H28: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Export

: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
GY8: Gold Poly Exterior Color
F6X9: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black Diamond Int. Door Frames
313: Build Date: March 13
E34434: Order number

GY8: Gold Poly Top Color
I: International (export) Specifications
A88: Interior Decor Group
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C56: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror

J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
J54: Sport Hood
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M43: Grille Trim Moldings
N23: Electronic Ignition System
N41: Dual Exhaust

N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
R21: AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
V21: Performance Hood Treatment
V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black

EN1: End of Sales Codes

oh i see........ sorry i missed that.

Hey!! 7Demon2,,,,I am still working with my car, I have to post somes pictures, I have to replace 1/4 panels, and all floor,,I keep out from a while becuase I am charge of my mother right now, the Dr. found cancer in his pancreas, so but I will continue as soon. I found another broadcast in under one bucket seat, I will post it soon.!

sounds like you have your hands full....sorry to hear that. sounds like you are finding some new information on your car. hopefully this will help you out as well. good luck and post some updates when you can....

You had all the info & stamping you needed to document that your car was an original 340 car with a broadcast sheet also. Alot of people have to replace rusted fender tags so no harm/no foul there. I hate to say this but you wasted your money on Galen.

I used his service in 2001 for like $25 but I just wanted to register my car and to see how many other 1973 Duster 340-4spd sunroof/fold down rearseat cars were in his registry. Funny how even without a broadcast sheet he never doubted my car. Geez his prices have sure skyrocketed! My door tag was in almost perfect shape and I could tell someone took car in covering it when the car was repainted. I didn't have a broadcast sheet but all my numbers matched plus well preserved fendertag and who's going to fake a 1973 340-4spd sunroof/fold down rear seat car anyway? :happy10:

Sounds like a cool & rare well optioned A-body car you have and save your money for the restoration. Leave Galen to feed off the E & B-body guys.

-
Back