Disc Brake Conversion Kit

-

d3sully

Reaction score
I Have A 70 Dodge Dart And Would Like To Change From Drum To Disc Front Brakes.Is There A Kit That Would Allow Me To Keep My 14" Wheels.The Kits I,ve Seen All Require 15" Wheels.

The Scarebird conversion will. Depending on what calipers you get, you may have to grind down a tiny bit for clearance, but others should fit just fine. I'm not sure about any other kits. I'm going Scarebird, so have done the most research on that setup.

I have SSBC disc brake kit on my Dart with 14"x6" Cragers

The stock 14" steel wheel I have for a spare will not clear the caliper

I Have A 70 Dodge Dart And Would Like To Change From Drum To Disc Front Brakes.Is There A Kit That Would Allow Me To Keep My 14" Wheels.The Kits I,ve Seen All Require 15" Wheels.

i assume you also want to keep the small bolt pattern?

you can find a set of stock small bot disc brakes.. they pop up from time to time here infact..

Yeah, that's another option. I could probably be persuaded from my Kelsey-Hayes set (since I'm so nearby!), though I don't necessarily think it's the best option... but not a bad one.

I have SSBC disc brake kit on my Dart with 14"x6" Cragers

The stock 14" steel wheel I have for a spare will not clear the caliper

I have also used the SSBC kit on my '71 Dart GT. One of the reasons I chose SSBC was because I was able to keep the 14" X 5 1/2" Rallye wheels (small bolt pattern). Pricey kit, but it did/does everything I wanted and was a breeze to install.

I also used SSBC- you can even later change to large bolt pattern if you want- regular 14 X 5.5 rallye wheels work with the kit

Does the ssbc kit use the 7/16 stud or 1/2 inch for small bolt pattern?

Yes, wildwood. Do yourself a favor and buy their master cylinder and an offset kit while your at it.

Attachments

• 10247442_10204960777208567_5789213035223384309_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 354
Does the ssbc kit use the 7/16 stud or 1/2 inch for small bolt pattern?

7/16 studs, it also changes to the 4.5 pattern with the 1/2 studs. It's hard to see in the picture that the studs are 7/16's The kit is very complete and easy to assemble. I used the manual brake kit on the Demon. I used the original 14" ralley wheels on the car.

Attachments

• brakes1.1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 352
So you actually mean you want to keep the 5 on 4" bolt pattern? There are some original Kelsey Hayes disc setups from 340 cars that show up pretty frequently in the for sale section.

-
Back