Dismounting tire iron video

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I made a video about dismounting/mounting a skinny tire. The sound is low, but you can make out what I am saying. This one was easy compared to a 235/60R15...helps if you lube the bead prior to starting too, itll help slide it off....[ame="http://youtu.be/88MJGJ_EYd4"]Tire iron dismount[/ame]

Thanks for taking the time to make the vid,I thought it was good.Maybe a simple job for some but for others it would be a challenge,nothing like seeing it 1st hand. :thumrigh:

I do all mine like that. It is pretty tough at first but, once you figure it out it doesn't take long at all.

Thanks, pishta, been there done that.

I can no longer do that, in that manner --arthritis

But I recently got a "all manual" old tire machine, complete with a "slide hammer" bead breaker. That might be one good addition for those doing it by your method, because many times breaking an old bead is impossible. All these amount to is a long rod and sliding pipe for a "slide hammer" with a huge bend BLUNT spade tip on the end. They work well.

I also recently scored an old school bubble balancer for a good price

Biggest ***** I have with the tire stores is not PAYING them, it's that they hardly ever do what you ask, or do it right.

Never had a bead break or seat that easy. To break a bead place a 2x6 on the sidewall, very near the bead and drive up the 2x with a vehicle. To seat, wrap a ratchet tie down around the circumference of the tire and crank it tight and give it a blast of air. If need be remove valve core as it allows a bit more air flow. Once bead is seated remove tie down.....

I guess i,m lucky here in tx. I got a little Meskin tire shop that will mount and balance for me for 12.bucks. I Do my motorcycle tires like that though. Electrical tape around the irons keep them from scratching my bike rims.

-
Back