Do I need relays with these headlight choices.

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been looking at affordable options to replace my headlights and was thinking about these two options, PHILIPS H6024CV or WAGNER H6024BL. To me, these look like plug and play replacements but some of the threads I've read led me to post the following question.Will either one of these work well without relay upgrades?

Thanks,
Ron

I would use relays. The ones you mentioned are rated 65/35W. I'm not sure of or aware any technical point when you "must" but for piece of mind and performance it's a good idea.

It's pretty easy as well!

I would use relays. The ones you mentioned are rated 65/35W. I'm not sure of or aware any technical point when you "must" but for piece of mind and performance it's a good idea.

It's pretty easy as well!
Do you know if the 2 models I listed would be an improvement over regular bulbs or would they be consistent with what their performance?

Use your "search" tool at the top of this screen hot headlights. Check for Slantsixdan, this is his field of expertise, he is very familiar with what's good and what's junk. Also he and Crackedback have relay packages available.

Do you know if the 2 models I listed would be an improvement over regular bulbs or would they be consistent with what their performance?
What Cliff said. Lol. Slant would know answer much better. And be able to advise for exactly what you want!

Will they work better than an old style bulb, yes.

Will they work to best performance using the factory wiring, no.

Even the OEM headlights work much better when fired by a relay kit. The OEM harness has way too much voltage drop across the run to power the headlights properly.

Will they work better than an old style bulb, yes.

Will they work to best performance using the factory wiring, no.

Even the OEM headlights work much better when fired by a relay kit. The OEM harness has way too much voltage drop across the run to power the headlights properly.

Kinda what I was going to say, as a matter of fact if you put the relay kit in first you might decide you don't need new lights at all.
I didn't need new lights, and was really surprised at how much farther down the road I could see with the ones I had.

In my opinion relays are just as much of a must as frame connectors and the ammeter bypass.

Hello All,

I've been looking at affordable options to replace my headlights and was thinking about these two options, PHILIPS H6024CV or WAGNER H6024BL. To me, these look like plug and play replacements but some of the threads I've read led me to post the following question.Will either one of these work well without relay upgrades?

Thanks,
Ron
Unless You're running one of the few LED units SSD has listed, all of our rides need a relay setup for any filament style bulbs, I've used the Brite Lites before....they're Ok
as a replacement set. The relay kit will make a dramatic difference no matter which lamp You choose..............................

I need part numbers on the relays and plugs so I can order them local at O'vancezone.

upload_2017-5-15_7-55-47.jpeg

(At least I did not post the Margaret video.):eek:

O'reilly's #25-0428 but they really like these... they want $25 for one. I can get the same relay at Fry's electronics for $5. It's the basic Bosch 5-prong relay, it shouldn't be hard to find.

-
Back