Do it yourself!

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
I love the idea of trying to do stuff myself on cars I build. Sometimes I flop terribly, other times I get away with it. How else are you going to know if you can do it, right? I gave up finding decent door panels for the Dart, and decided to drive down to an upholstery supplier not far from the house. The owner laughed at me at first, but then realized I was serious. So she showed me alot of little tricks, and sold me the items I needed. I' ve got less than fifty bucks in these new door panels, and they turned out far better than I imagined. Plus, she gave me some extra material to take care of the rear quarter areas!! Couple hours apiece. You gotta love saving money whenever you can. Your labor is free!! Now, If only I can paint a car in my driveway!!

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/bmw-2002/027.html

Dale

I think those might be a better "fit" for your project than factory panels. It's got that A990 super simple door panel look. 8) And you saved money.

more bang for your buck.
you learned something AND you saved some money. Win Win. And the panels look nice.... and yes I've gotten into some real dozzies with the "how hard can it be" mentality. :lol:

Yeah. I like do-it-yourselves that turn out great, too. I'm kind of proud of this.

IMG_5090s.jpg

-
Back