DO NOT BUY! Magnum Farce 2" drop spindles are junk

-

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
Just want to warn anyone considering the 2" drop spindles and Wilwood brake package.

DO NOT BUY THEM IF YOU HAVE AN A BODY THAT IS 1972 AND OLDER!

THEY PUSH THE TRACK WIDTH 3/4" OR MORE ON EACH SIDE AND FINDING A RIM WITH PROPER BACKSPACING TO COMPENSATE FOR THIS HORRIBLE ENGINEERING NIGHTMARE IS DIFFICULT UNLESS YOU LIKE CRAPPY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE RIMS.

I TRIED TO GET WILWOOD AND MAGNUM FARCE TO HELP AND ALL THEY DID WAS BLAME EACH OTHER AND SAY LATER TO ME. There is no support once they find out they sold it to you and they don't work.

WARNING! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE COMPANIES AS THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROJECT!

RANT OVER.

I found out years ago that Ron Jenkins(Magnum Force) does not stand behind his product, and his word means nothing. Anyone who buys from that clown is taking a chance.

Does it make them the same track as the 73 and up disk brake front?

A quick fix for that, all kidding aside, is to install an 8 3/4 axle from a 66 or 67 B body car.

Man, I was about to pull the trigger on those too, and I need my front end to come in definetly not out! Who makes a drop spindle that doesnt increase width?

I even had to get custom rims for 73' up LBP disc swap on my 69 GTS. Unless you want to run 5.5 or 6" wide wheels there were pretty much no off the shelf rims that fit (without spacers). In fact most disc brake upgrades push the track out wide requiring a more positive offset wheel.

I don't understand why the spindle would change the width? I already have the Willwood brakes, maybe the brakes push the width out.?

Well...says this right in the description of the spindles...

Magnum Force Inc is pleased to announce the introduction of the first one piece extreme duty dropped spindle for the Mopar muscle car from 1962 to 1976. Designed by Magnum Force and based on the big bearing, big ball joint 1973 and up spindles.

Which means you need to use the 73 and newer upper control arm set up...which pushes the track outward....

Just want to warn anyone considering the 2" drop spindles and Wilwood brake package.

DO NOT BUY THEM IF YOU HAVE AN A BODY THAT IS 1972 AND OLDER!

THEY PUSH THE TRACK WIDTH 3/4" OR MORE ON EACH SIDE AND FINDING A RIM WITH PROPER BACKSPACING TO COMPENSATE FOR THIS HORRIBLE ENGINEERING NIGHTMARE IS DIFFICULT UNLESS YOU LIKE CRAPPY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE RIMS.

I TRIED TO GET WILWOOD AND MAGNUM FARCE TO HELP AND ALL THEY DID WAS BLAME EACH OTHER AND SAY LATER TO ME. There is no support once they find out they sold it to you and they don't work.

WARNING! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE COMPANIES AS THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROJECT!

RANT OVER.

I think the issue is with the Wilwood brakes. I'm using the MagnumForce 2" drops on my 69 cuda with Dr. Diff's 13" front Cobra brake caliper kit along with using a 17" Centerline rims with 5" backspacing and everything fits like a glove (no spacer needed). This set up allows me to use a 235/17/40 tire without any rub issues or steering contact issues as well.

Even going from factory small bolt pattern drums, or small bolt disks ALSO widens the track width when converting TO 73 up discs...

Does it make them the same track as the 73 and up disk brake front?

A quick fix for that, all kidding aside, is to install an 8 3/4 axle from a 66 or 67 B body car.

So make a straight axle gasser front end that does not steer? I thought you said no kidding or all kidding aside.

all the Mopar drop spindles I have seen on the market are the 73 and up (wider track) design.

Wilwood NOW makes their DISC brake kit for the 72 and older (factory drum spindle)
without the extra 3/4" per side additional width.....but not drop

No disclosure that it makes the track width wider and I apologize but I have never owned an old car that was newer than 69 so I don't know **** about 73 up a bodies. However if there is an issue, which their obviously is, don't you think there should be a disclaimer stating so?

I'm asking them to do so anyway regardless if I have to scrap the entire front end and start over.

Their words.

Magnum Force Inc is pleased to announce the introduction of the first one piece extreme duty dropped spindle for the Mopar muscle car from 1962 to 1976.

Use Magnum Force upper control arms and they can be bolted on to your early A-body as well as late model ones too!

For all A, B, and E-body owners, just add a set of brakes and lower ball joints and you have a complete assembly that bolts right to your existing lower control arms! They fit F, J, and M-body cars too.

See anything that mentions the difference in track width between early and late?

So make a straight axle gasser front end that does not steer? I thought you said no kidding or all kidding aside.

No I think he means putting it out back, as it will increase track width by an inch or two, evening it out and allowing you to run a more modern wheel with modern offests.

I think the issue is with the Wilwood brakes. I'm using the MagnumForce 2" drops on my 69 cuda with Dr. Diff's 13" front Cobra brake caliper kit along with using a 17" Centerline rims with 5" backspacing and everything fits like a glove (no spacer needed). This set up allows me to use a 235/17/40 tire without any rub issues or steering contact issues as well.

With 5" bs you have 1/4" less than stock so I can see that working. Unfortunately I cannot get a 5" bs on the wheel that I have which are 17" x 7" x 4.5"bs.

No I think he means putting it out back, as it will increase track width by an inch or two, evening it out and allowing you to run a more modern wheel with modern offests.

???
I am talking about the front end of the vehicle.

??? I am talking about the front end of the vehicle.
Yes, the drop spindles pushes the track out up front 1.5" and the B-body rear end pushes the track out 2" in the back so that it is aestheticly all evened out and allows you to run a wider wheel and tire. This is what I did on my car.

But if you already have the wheels and set up you like then all this is a moot point.

based on the big ball joint 1973-up design and utilize the stock brake calipers and rotors

Same spindles same problem.

Problem is that nobody has a hub that provides the correct offset for the conversion.

I am bringing my hub to a buddy who has a machine shop and I am going to try to correct the issue. Its only 2 dimensions that are off.

A and N

http://www.wilwood.com/Hubs/HubProd.aspx?itemno=270-8775

A should be 1.156 and N should be 1.56. Simple change but neither company wants to talk about it. I realize that this may not work for all wheels but folks who use typical 5 spoke 17" plus wheels will benefit.

Yes, the drop spindles pushes the track out up front 1.5" and the B-body rear end pushes the track out 2" in the back so that it is aestheticly all evened out and allows you to run a wider wheel and tire. This is what I did on my car.

But if you already have the wheels and set up you like then all this is a moot point.

The purpose of drop spindles is to drop the car....It wont do me any good to put a b body rear end in unless I want to run this thing in the baja 1000. :D

I appreciate your input however the issue is regarding lowering the car and the issue with tires rubbing due to unwanted increase in track width.

Gears are already turning. I am going to my buddies shop Friday to talk to the engineers about how to fix it. F### Wilwood and Magnum Farce. They both treated me like I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about. They were rude and dismissive and one guy hung up on me mid sentence. I did not use profanity, only logic and they bailed without any apologies.

Rant over I'm unsubscribing.

Thanks for the support and the 73 up education.

Mop

Yeah I know I was just trying to point out why YY1 posted what he did. Either way, sucks you're getting the dirty end of the stick in regards to service from both companies.

-
Back