Do not lease a car

-

DustyDuster

Imfamous member
Reaction score
My wife hit an island last night. She did not tell me which one. Because she leased her Benz (yeah I know) she had to go to dealer. Two rims, two run flats $2400, pay de man

I'd be more concerned about her driving in the sea then her hitting an island

That doesn’t even seem that expensive for a new Benz. Two run flats probably cost at least $500 by themselves. And then factory Mercedes wheels were probably well over $1k unless it’s a Sprinter. They would have had to check the alignment, inspect all of the steering and suspension components, and then replace the rims. That’s gonna cost close to that at any dealer, since the hourly rate is gonna be $100+.

Doesn’t seem like a lease problem to me either. Even at an independent European shop it would cost close to that, the hourly rate isn’t going to be a whole lot less. And the factory wheels will cost a pretty penny unless you can find them used. But it’s a lease so that’s probably a pretty new car right? So the parts are gonna come from the dealer either way.

Sounds like you got off easy to me.

insurance? i lease my gmc and busted it up twice over the winter.. bill was like 2500 the first time and 3700 the second time.. only cost me the 500 dollar deductible each time..

Was she texting. Lol better an island than another car.
For sure she was. Not funny I've been rear ended 3 times already and 2 were very serious. My son was driving his semi at 60mph on the freeway and got rear ended by a texter. Please don't text and drive.

My wife hit an island last night. She did not tell me which one. Because she leased her Benz (yeah I know) she had to go to dealer. Two rims, two run flats $2400, pay de man
Maybe time for a new pair of glasses.
Or a seeing eye dog.
I dont know about your state but they dont allow the dogs to drive here in MO.
Come to think of it I have seen some real dogs behind the wheel. LOL

Don't you still have to pay for the wheels and tires if you own the car...

My wife's sister had one of those, She had a problem with one of the tires out on the highway. They had to call a wrecker to haul it back to town (150 miles) to the closest dealer. Ruined her trip and then had to pay big bucks for a new "No flat" tire!!!!!!!!!

-
Back