Do you believe in mediums?

-

scatpack340

Reaction score
My wife is going to see a medium on wednesday and I am going with her. what are your opinions on that?

I like larges. Mediums are never enough.

Just like fortune tellers. If they can see the future why haven't all them won the flipping lotto????

I don't have any experience to say yes or no. I'd be interested in hearing what you think after you go see her.

They are all scam artist. Use the money to buy car parts. At least you'll get something useful.

I believe in them. Call me naive, but I don't see how someone like Lisa Williams or Teresa Caputo can walk up to people on the street and be correct about so many things pertaining to their friends or relatives who have passed.

Sure, I'll bet there's a whole slew of fakes too.

No, no, and no

If you really want to get scammed, see if "Shaky Dave" is still alive. He wanders, depending on what hit man is looking for him, between Goldendale, WA and somewhere in Florida. He is (or was) buying up old HP optical spectrum analyzers and "converting" them to paranormal detectors (etheric analyzer/ monitor)

http://www.magne-tronix.com/id9.html

http://www.magne-tronix.com/id10.html

"Shaky Dave" (Farnsworth) claims to be a descendant of the famous Farmsworth.

P4110025.JPG.w300h400.jpg

Some sort of alleged etheric image from "their" website, no real explanation.

Pic22.jpg.w300h256.jpg

This particular individual, a radio amateur with callsign W7ILG, is one person who I absolutely refuse to converse with on the air.

I feel I have to weigh in on this. My faith is in the one true eternal God who created this earth and universe. Card readers, mediums, and the like are not from God but rather from the Devil. The Devil is very crafty and also very intelligent, which is why I believe that mediums sometimes get the correct information. Personally, I trust in my faith and relationship with Jesus Christ and steer clear of things that go against their teachings.

-face palm- Well, I'm with Dartman. You don't gotta like it, but you love your lady right? Don't pick on her or nag her, she obviously believes in it or thinks it would be fun. Just support her, go along with it. It'll be over soon enough, just hope the "medium" doesn't fill her head with something bonkers like "theres a tall dark mysterious man in your future with many riches and you must meet him ahhhh my head, I'll need $400 more and a bottle of Johnny Walker blue label before I continue." sort of thing.

I personally don't believe in mediums.

I believe in them. Call me naive, but I don't see how someone like Lisa Williams or Teresa Caputo can walk up to people on the street and be correct about so many things pertaining to their friends or relatives who have passed.

Sure, I'll bet there's a whole slew of fakes too.

I do that to people *all* the time, well not about their dead relatives. I have a knack for reading peoples body language, vocal tones, how they carry themselves. Just as a scar will reveal that you had a cut in the past is pretty much the same thing I can do. I impressed a 46 year old lady and her 15 year old daughter with this little parlor trick of mine.

I asked if I could light a cigarette. The lady said "smoking is the devil"

1. She's religious
2. She's smoked at least once in the past

After more questions and observations, simple occams razor stuff told me she's had a hard life, hella religious mom, alcoholic father, been divorced, has issues with men. Her daughter was insecure, slightly embarrassed by her mom etc etc. You can tell plenty about people through simple things like that, although when it comes to knowing about dead relatives that's sort of a 'battleship' game of guessing, no more different than applying logical indirect questions etc.

My fiance believes in stuff like this, I love and respect her and will give the benefit of doubt and give it some legitimacy myself as science hasn't fully explained everything about the human mind let alone psychology and theres all that DNA/RNA/Sixth sense thingie doodles.

I feel I have to weigh in on this.

Please keep this in mind while you are preaching your beliefs to the rest of us.

The bible warns of "false prophets." There is a HUGE amount of those, and yet there are hords of people following those false prophets. Without getting into an argument, I'll give you one huge example, a business entity which sucks money out of people every single day in the "name" of the Almighty.

His name is Pat Robertson

My point? How do you, we, or anyone else know what the true beliefs should be? All this has been passed down by such things as word of mouth, translated, re re re re re---re translated, analyzed, redefined, twisted, tweaked, interpreted, and is in fact the reason we are in a war today as we speak.

Please keep this in mind while you are preaching your beliefs to the rest of us.

The bible warns of "false prophets." There is a HUGE amount of those, and yet there are hords of people following those false prophets. Without getting into an argument, I'll give you one huge example, a business entity which sucks money out of people every single day in the "name" of the Almighty.

My point? How do you, we, or anyone else know what the true beliefs should be? All this has been passed down by such things as word of mouth, translated, re re re re re---re translated, analyzed, redefined, twisted, tweaked, interpreted, and is in fact the reason we are in a war today as we speak.

Well put!!

I agree 100% about that. Well put. And cannot agree more about Robertson. That said, I know what I believe. I don't try to force it on anybody. If I am asked, I will go there. The way I figure it, if God wants me to witness, he'll sock me upside the head when it's time. It's happened some, too.

Keep an open mind with a healthy dose of skepticism. What's the worst that can happen.....a new experience?

Really..............?
Ya got to be shittin me.

I ain't seen any of this hokeass/pokeass of gods, ghosts, devils and demons
that wasn't designed to control your thinking or
separate you from yer money.

All of its baloney from top to bottom.
Just you wait till the aliens show up and set it all straight,
then yer all in for it!

Well, just don't answer the broad questions, like "You have a Mom right?" Make them tell you what they are seeing, without asking questions, and when you think they are on to something, then join in the conversation. If you give anybody enough information they can figure you out.

Don't wear anything Mopar related and see if she can figure you out for a FABO.

Happy Wife = Happy Life.

This thread reminds me of the "Miss Chleo" thing from a while back.

As she's being prosecuted for tax evasion all her "mediums" denied having any knowledge of wrong doing... ain't that ironic.

But, like all psychic hot lines I have to ask this question: if you're so damned psychic why aren't you calling me?

-
Back