Do you care what your car is worth?

-
Nope, love to enjoy it for another 11 years, only investment auto I have has been my daily driver for the last year and a half (64 GMC big back window) and I did find it at a great price, will be doing a small LS in it and pull the tired 200.000 mile 305 soon then sell for a good return to go into my new shop needs

13769586_1338562016159141_5609106469055668485_n.jpg

To have collision, fire, and theft insurance shows that you do care.

It's a hobby for us, I looked for three years before we bought it. We drive it, tinker with it, and truly enjoy it. We love cruise nights, car shows where we share our car with others. To us that's what it's all about.

To have collision, fire, and theft insurance shows that you do care.
I have Kept Vic covered for all you mentioned and keep $7.000.00 worth of coverage on here now for 11 years threw Grundy

01bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg

I dont think of my car as an investment.
I will have way more into it than its worth. As long as i get seat time to repay my dollars and sweat equity i will be satisfied.
But i will have a rough idea what i put into it,because someone may want it more than i do.

If i was building it to sell,i would close my shop to outside work and and lose my shirt in the process. There is no money in this type of project.

Nahhh... The cars I buy are investment grade cars, that are in need of restoration. I do all the restoration myself, except for paint. Am I making a huge profit "IF" I sell em ? No, I don't think so, if you take in to account, the amount of man hours required. Yet, I do not think I will be upside down on any of them, including an A990 clone....

The only reason appraisal cost matters to me is because of the insurance I keep on my car. If I do end up in a total loss situation, I want enough insurance money to at least get a good project car and do a bunch of work to it. I never want to be without a Mopar muscle car again.

Cley

Not a bit!

For Christmas my wife gave me a metal sign said "My biggest fear is that after my death my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them."

She knows better too! She's actually as bad as I am anyway. I was discussing buying cylinder heads the other day and she told me to buy the "pretty" ones from Indy Cylinder Head! So I will.

Nope........ and apparently neither do some of the people who auction them off at Barret Jackson...

I don't see articles like that as changing anything I have. I own driver quality stuff, not investment grade cars. There is a big difference, the stuff you can buy for under $15k, hop in and drive all week isn't dropping in price, if anything it's going up slightly as more & more cars get over built, the drivers are harder to find.

The backbone of or hobby is the passion and love we share for our old cars. The pure joy we receive from working on it, driving it, hunting that special car, hunting parts, and yes, driving it, racing it, whatever.
I agree with GRAVCUDA there, the investment cars have dropped, and I give a shiny rats *** myself.
There will be a demand for driver quality drivers, as long as there is this hobby.

Prices of the the top end cars???? I bet the huge upturn in the stock market place more interest there than buying an overpriced investment car??? Or spending mega $ having a car restored to be able to bring that top dollar anywhere???

Be nice if the prices on CL would get down to reality if someone I hunting a decent project

The backbone of or hobby is the passion and love we share for our old cars. The pure joy we receive from working on it, driving it, hunting that special car, hunting parts, and yes, driving it, racing it, whatever.
I agree with GRAVCUDA there, the investment cars have dropped, and I give a shiny rats *** myself.
There will be a demand for driver quality drivers, as long as there is this hobby.

Nope. The only vehicle I bought hoping it would hold value is my Shelby Dakota. I always loved the Little Red Express trucks, but was not old enough to buy one new by about 10 years. So when the Shelby came out, I had to have one. Even as far as buying a white one because I knew there were less of them built. Fast forward 29 years and for the most part it's still just a 1st Gen Dakota. I've kept it totally stock since day 1. Still has no rust other than surface rust where the repaint has failed. My plan for it after I get the basement and the kitchen in the house done, is to strip it down, repaint it white again, but without the stripes, put a dual snorkel scoop on the hood, and a simple refresh and small cam for the original 318. Only have 92k on it. Jake learned to drive in it 5 years ago. His little brother will learn in 5 more....

Nope I dont, course dont plan on selling them unless I had to, but just enjoying the cars and hope to be driving my a body here soon in a few more months.

My car is worth more in theropy than any doctor. It also saves the government money as I am in the garage at night instead of out killing people with stupid questions. Hmmm, wonder if I can tax rebate or a government grant for the countless lives it has saved?

Not concerned with value. I bought it because I wanted it and enjoy driving it. As someone above mentioned it's good therapy. Nothing like the wind in your hair and the warm sun on your face to make you feel good.

I have spent more on it than I could get back and I intend to spend more in the months ahead. I can afford it and it makes me happy.

Nope! If I ever sell it I might....But that isn't gonna happen any time soon! Bought it as a fun project to build with my then 11 year old twin daughters. But you can not put a price tag on the incredible amount of enjoyment and fond memories it has generated in the past 7+ years. Priceless!

Pat

Nope.
The only thing i'm concerned with is the work it would take to replace it with a reasonable facsimile in case the unthinkable happened to it.
There's lots of cars to build out there if so, and i would do it better.
I have lots of ideas on what the next car could/would be.
I don't care about resale value, it's never going to be for sale while i'm alive anyway.
It all boils down to it's worth more to me and my mental health, and that's something money can't buy.............

-
Back