Do you care what your car is worth?

-
I bought them because I want to enjoy them...but I also don't want to lose too much money on them if one day I might need to sell them.

They aren’t investments for me, but they aren’t a charity either. I want to get back a reasonable amount of what I put into them one day.

That’s why I chose them carefully.

I feel I could easily recoup what I have invested in both of mine. Profit would pretty negligible, so that isn't a consideration.
I have a great time with my cars, so no real concern for me. Hopefully my boy and grand daughter will get them.

Not really, but I know every dollar I put in past $20,000 I dont expect to get back if I ever do sale.

Don't care at all. I love driving my 69 340 4 speed Barracuda. What I do like, though, is when people say, "I saw a Barracuda sell on a TV auction for $100,000. Aren't you afraid to drive yours?" I don't bother correcting them. I just let them think what they want.

Passion for cool rare cars like ours, is worth far more than monetary value.
If I was worried about for sale value exclusively, I'd be workin my *** off on a car I didn't really want anyway..........

Nope. There is nothing 'classic' about my car anymore except the "S" emblem.

Don't care at all. I love driving my 69 340 4 speed Barracuda. What I do like, though, is when people say, "I saw a Barracuda sell on a TV auction for $100,000. Aren't you afraid to drive yours?" I don't bother correcting them. I just let them think what they want.
Don’t ya just love that! Cracks me up every time. An old friend used to think my ‘73 E body was worth what a HEMI ‘70 was worth at its height.

No. I take slant six cars and convert them. Plus A body cars will never be what E and B body cars are monetarily.

People that worry about what this and that is worth and keep track of this and that aren't really into it for the hobby, IMO. Always gettin caught up in numbers and stuff. Worryin if they can get out of it more than they got in it. That's not a hobby. That's a business. I'm not in this for a business. I'm in it for fun. If I lose my *** on a price, so what? I got what I want. THAT'S a hobby.

Not in, the slightest. I wanna go fast with soul ....

In that case.....

BROTHER CADDY.jpg

Trying to sell a car for what you think it's worth is hard to do if you need a quick sale.
Best time to list and sell is when you can afford to sit on it.

My friends call it "The Million Dollar Dart", because of the money I'm always dumping into it. I could care less, I LOVE MY CAR!

IMG_20180112_122224~2.jpg

-
Back