Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Other: Explain in post

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
I know many people trailer their mopars here and there or refuse to even have them out in the rain. I just looked and we are having a rainfall warning in my area for the next week straight with this weekend the car show. So it got me thinking.

My car is now my daily driver right up until the winter, rain or shine. How about you?

No only cause its missing the motor at the moment. lol But when it gets back yes all the time thats what they were made for, just take good care of them.

The Dart we'll drive in the rain (not the snow and salt). With a mild 360 and 4-speed she can be a ***** on a wet road though. LOL.

My Duster I won't drive in the rain because of the drag radials, they are scary and dangerous on wet roads.

The Challenger is a diva...only comes out on warm sunny days.

If it was not in pieces it would be a weekend driver. But now it's just sitting and getting put back together.

I drive my Cordoba everyday or the wife drives it also. When I get my Scamp it will be a DD too.

I drive my belvedere everyday . My duster is almost finished and will alternate everyday between the two. . But will most likely drive duster more since it's 4 speed haha

So for those that state they put them away because of a chance of rain, why? Is it to do with safety (racing slicks suck in the rain) or ....?

Most are daily drivers.....one only when the sun is shining.

I try to give the 'Cuda a cruise into town everyday....no rain please.

She ain't happy unless she has bugs in her teeth.:love1:

Well I would have to say yes and no. Because my wife's truck is a year round vehicle, My Challenger is almost year round (no Snow or Ice) But, my Duster will only be my fair weather friend.
That is when it is completed.

Roadrunner is a baby. She only sees bright sunny days.

The Swinger will be a different story. Except for snow and salt, she'll be out tearing up the roads.

almost every day unless i'm haulin something like big parts or the car trailer...other than that it's the waggin as number one driver (4 speed ,318) then the duster (340 manual auto) then the ranger

The Dart use tobe my only car. So it was driven rain or snow. But now I have another daily driver I only take her out when it is nice out. Only time I trailer is if I am going to the track.

So for those that state they put them away because of a chance of rain, why? Is it to do with safety (racing slicks suck in the rain) or ....?
It's more for safety reason. And that being that the drivers are crazy enough on dry roads, wet roads make many of them worse. My cars have all been caught in the rain at one time or another, but I prefer to keep them dry if I can. In fact, I took my '64 Barracuda to a show that started out dry but turned into a heavy rain storm for most of the day. That was the only time I took a first place in class!

Taking it out tonight.. I drive and show and race as much as possible but not in the rain.

Attachments

• P5210012.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 446
My 65 Dart I will drive any day but winter, My 71 Scamp has DOT slicks and is a drive, show and race on nice days. My Scamp is put in the trailer when going to race or shows that are 60 miles or more. Its kinda hard on fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_6371.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 447
I have to say only on nice days! My trunk leaks as well as the flip out windows. It would take far too long to detail the underside as well as the engine bay! lol..

I don't take the cuda out into the rain but if i'm out and it rains oh well it gets wet.I build em to drive em no salt and snow here thank god but christ it's hot.Don't know what i'd do during the winter if i was up north [don't hunt,not a inside kind of guy].

I will if I ever get the darn thing back together. Temp at noon today was 45F, blowing and raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Winter storm warning" above 4000ft!!!!!! THIS IS NEARLY JUNE folks!!!1

-
Back