• Trailered but doesn't matter if it's rained on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trailered and never out when there might be rain

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Other: Explain in post

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
-
ok i drive what ever that i got runnung any time in the rain snow sleat it dont matter as long as u clean them . that being said ive never drove ant thing thats got more than 220 hp so ya i can hook in any thing to them that cant hook sorry for ur bad luck lol that means i can drive mine more ha ha

The only time my car is on a trailer is headin to the track. It has been out in the rain but it doesnt have wipers just rain x. It sees a few thousand miles a year. Hopefully more with the pump gas turbo motor.. The 63 isnt back together yet and my Truck is my driver..

I have a work vehicle I drive to and from work. Other than that, it's my Barracuda.

But I've put about 80,000 miles on my 68 Barracuda since 1994.

I just put in the new 416 stroker motor a month and half ago. I've got 800 miles on it so far. I run errands in it on nights and weekends. I don't drive it in the rain, but it rarely rains here anyway. So it just stays cleaner.

I don't put it away for winter, because we don't have winter here.

Last weekend I had a weed wacker in the trunk and was in a 405 fwy traffic jam going 6 miles in about 20 minutes stop and go. And tonight I got groceries in it.

A month ago with about 150 miles on the new motor I took it out to the track. Got up to 130+ mph. Not on this run when I went sideways through the infield (FF to 1:50) :angry7:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJW-YvipFYE"]YouTube - ‪Willow Springs shake down‬‏[/ame]

you got it all dusty! lol Looks like fun!!

Uglied up the brand new headers. Only from the drivers side direction. From underneath and from the passenger side they look perfect. Freakin grass got everywhere!

Last pics is a "before" picture from 1 week prior. Looks like this again now. Heck, just blew it off and wiped it down. Time to hammer down again. :toothy10:

Attachments

• SFSF11SteveWSm45comments.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 154
  • SFSF11SteveWSm07.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 4_3_11Sm15.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 149
I was driving mine alot,but under paint/bodywork right now,but plan to spray it in time for summer!
IMG_0405.jpg

autoX

LOL, looks like you were mowing the lawn with that thing. hahahahaha...

Do you have one with the camera behind you? (IN the car)

Uglied up the brand new headers. Only from the drivers side direction. From underneath and from the passenger side they look perfect. Freakin grass got everywhere!

Last pics is a "before" picture from 1 week prior. Looks like this again now. Heck, just blew it off and wiped it down. Time to hammer down again. :toothy10:

A little dirt dont hurt,washes right off with a hose :-D

I drive mine everyday in whatever weather coz thats what cars are for and its a great cruiser,just put her in d for drive and go.

I have two Mopars my 74 Scamp is a daily driver in the summer all weather.My 71 Demon is driven when the weather permits (which hasn't been near enough this spring) both put away in the winter

autoX

LOL, looks like you were mowing the lawn with that thing. hahahahaha...

Do you have one with the camera behind you? (IN the car)

Haven't uploaded that one yet. I need to rotate the whole video. It didn't come out that great anyway.

But I have this one from the rear bumper. And another of the front suspension.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTT--mGlpTY"]YouTube - ‪Spring Fling Speed Festival 2011: '68 Barracuda "S"‬‏[/ame]

Noise is the camera rattling against the valance when duct taped to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je5oeamQ_uw"]YouTube - ‪68 Barracuda Hotchkis TVS suspension cam‬‏[/ame]

i drive my scamp every where rain, snow or shine. its nice with the /6 right now well have to see how she does in bad weather when i put in the 440.

Drive it but put away when there is chance of rain IF!! It is raining8) I drive it because she is my daily driver :-D

Attachments

• FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20069.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 126
  • FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20068.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 130
  • FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20103.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 134
  • let%20it%20rain%20019.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 129
  • kennies%20camera%20$##$%20148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Challenger%20IN%20NASCAR%20Cup%20race%20017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 140
Well I found out why some don't drive their cars in the rain....

I was driving to work this morninng and the highway was wet from rain although it wasn't raining while driving. I was doing 60mph and needed to get into the other lane for my turn off but there was a car beside me matching my speed (young punk in a honda or something). Instead of slow down and pull behind him I decided to pass him so I stomped the gas pedal.

That's when I heard the back tires start to spin and the whole back end of the car started breaking free. It only lasted for a second, maybe two max, but it felt like a long time. The tires then chirped once, twice, and the car straightened out and shot forward. I let my foot off the gas, let the honda go past and pulled into that lane.

I have BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires and they were fairly new.

I got to work and checked my shorts, nothing there luckily, since it was laundry day and all my other shorts are in the washing machine at home right now :D

So for those that state they put them away because of a chance of rain, why? Is it to do with safety (racing slicks suck in the rain) or ....?

For me it's because the floor board gets soaked in the rain from road splash. Haven't had time to find and fix that little proablem yet.

I know many people trailer their mopars here and there or refuse to even have them out in the rain. I just looked and we are having a rainfall warning in my area for the next week straight with this weekend the car show. So it got me thinking.

My car is now my daily driver right up until the winter, rain or shine. How about you?

I just drive mine when I feel like it, since the top is down most of the time. I drive the 09 Challenger as my daily driver. When I have the top up on the Barracuda, rain doesn't discourage me from driving it, in fact it is kind of fun with those little short wipers. Never understood why the rain would hurt anything, but salt from snow removal is a different story.

Had to drive it home from the golf course in the rain with the top down once last year, as it malfuntioned due to a cylinder problem. Everyone kept looking at me like "why doesn't that idiot put the top up?"

Just got mine done and drive it as much as possible but not in the rain. Still working on getting some of the weather stripping in so I don't want any water problems inside the car. Unfortunately we haven't had too many nice days around here to drive yet. When is summer gonna get here.

I plan to store mine in the winter, but that is due to living in upstate NY where they go crazy with the salt in the winter. I previously lived in Virginia and drove my 67 fairlane year round rain shine snow, whatever the weather was.

The /6 Dart Custom 4-door is a sort of daily driver, when it is to cold or wet to take the scooter.

The teen Demon will be a fair weather car when re-assembled.

Mullinax..... Your soooo scary.... LOL Wearing chaps and riding a minibike must make you pretty tough....

Yeah I know.... I look good in my chaps on my mini bike. Here is me after leaving my gf's house..... she likes my chaps better when they're on the floor!

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 96
I generally try not to drive in the rain cause I'm afraid some idiot will run into it. I cannot take the chance. I drive the Toyota instead, it's replaceable!

-
Back