Like it or not?

• I like it

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters
-
Hello everyone,

We are the selling dealer for LEGEND MOTORS / DOWNS DESIGN. I was sent this web-site to see what was being said about our '71 HEMI PREDATOR.

First I would like to say THANK YOU for all the input. We realize that our TRIBUTE CARS are not for everyone. But we have found that there are alot of car people who love the "YESTERDAY'S LOOK" but want "TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY". The '71 HEMI PREDATOR is one of our latest creations to the
TRIBUTE CAR LINE-UP for us, and so far has had tremendous response.

This car is our prototype, and has for all of its life so far, been traveling to car shows across the nation. This has held up our final tooling stage to bring the car to full production. I am happy to say that final tooling should be done within the next 30 days and then the car will be in full production.
Then I will be able to post final and complete pictures of the car.

Believe it or not, we do listen and appreciate the feedback. Because of this
we are changing the taillights on the car. I have to say I agree, they never really blended well with the body. We got alot of feedback from the Car Shows we have been at.

Also, to let you know, these bodies are molded from an original "donor" car
and in most cases are exact or have been modified/improved/ or changed by
us. Alot of OEM parts fit these cars.

If you like to visit my web-site to see the full line-up of TRIBUTE CARS we offer, please visit :
http://www.legendmotorsindiana.com/

Again, thanks for all the feedback.............We do listen.

Greg Mavrick
Legend Motors of Indiana
(765) 776-0934

Hey Greg, thanks for getting on here and saying hello and giving everyone the low-down on your product. I wish more vendors would listen to the folks who buys their products. Good on you. :)

Sweetness!
Another vendor that cares and responds.
Good luck with your new product.
It takes alot of work to get a car from a design to production,
not to mention the investment.
Old school looks and modern tech - always a winning formula!
Will the Bodies be available in kit form to the public at a later date?
Hope for you and your company all the best,
Carl

thanks for the response Greg - when you says "today's technology" - what exactly are you implying?

an engine covered with so much spaghetti you can't even see the valve covers?

unibody construction?

modular wiring harnesses?

carbon fibre body parts?

what exactly?

I see people take cars from the 60's and make them as reliable and a lot less complicated than today's "technology" cars.

so - in your words - what exactly is "TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY" ?

thanks in advance.

I think they did a good job. Nice to see they've re-considered those taillights. I too think an AAR-type hood and scoop would look more original and just as aggressive and a little less "ricey" than that hood. Other than that, I'd have a hard time telling that from an original car. I personally am not into that modern style and size rim, but it seems that's what the guys with $$ like.

Thanks for showing some interest in our opinions Greg.

That's a good use for a car that otherwise has no good parts left on it and too much rust to warrant a restoration. Buy all the aftermarket stuff for it and make it a "STREET ROD".

I looked at it and I liked it for what it is. It is not meant to be a recreation. It is meant to be a custom car that is based on a 'cuda. I don't think I would pay that kind of money for it, but some will.

Thanks for coming on here Greg. It shows that you care about what you are making.

Jack

Would be cool if it had provisions to pop in a real cheese grater grille assembly and real rear tail panel, change the hood to a power bulge hood or shaker, and that thing would be awesome.
And those wheels really gotta change at least to a cool five spoke under 17 inches.
If it had provisions to drop in a modern hemi, that would make it all the better.
Glad it is not adorned with gobs of carbon fiber.

I never had a problem with a ford 9 inch rear though.

Thanks for getting imput from the Mopar guys.
If you didn't check here, I would think you were marketing it to chevy guys.

I voted no for many reasons.

A furd rear has no place in a Mopar.
A gm fuse block.
What is the 4 spd auto?
What 6 spd stick?
Ugly tail lights.
I really don't like the grille.
I don't like the wheels at all either, though I have no problem with their size, I just don't like their look.

What else is generic motors, and furd ? Way to little info in the ad and on the web site. For that kind of money I would expect every tiny detail spelled out, specs on everything, and so on. I would also expect 2 to 3 times that many pics on the ebay page, and minimum 5 times that many pics on the web site, as I said with every tiny detail shown.

Though what do I know? I know I don't have 80 large to drop on that, but if I did "have" it, I do KNOW I would not drop it on that. 80 large I could build a hellava A body. Now maybe if I had Bill Gates kind of money I might buy it for the wife to drive, its way to "civilized" for me.

my 0.02 worth.

TopHat

for that kind of money you can buy yourself a nice 71 duster - have it rotisserie restored, buy a Keith Black Blown Hemi, full tub it, install A/C, narrow the rear, build a custom dash, have a custom interior made and get a $15k paint job and own a car that is "yours" and has your mark.

At least to me - having a car the accurately reflects my personal choices is more important than anything else.

and then there's those Eleanor Mustangs for sale on Ebay from time to time - they give me a serious woody, but i'd still be hard pressed to belly up $75k to $100k even for one with a 427 side-oiler.

My personal feelings on the car aside (love parts, others not so much), I am REALLY impressed that Greg had the balls to join FABO and reply to the thread. Shows he really cares and is intent on getting a good product out there…thanks!
Slanted66

My personal feelings on the car aside (love parts, others not so much), I am REALLY impressed that Greg had the balls to join FABO and reply to the thread. Shows he really cares and is intent on getting a good product out there…thanks!
Slanted66

Amen to that.

WOW....great response, and I do appreciate all the input.

Again, as I said, we may not be for everyone, but we do have some neat
stuff (in my most humble opinion).

BTW...anyone who would like to take a tour of our manufacturing facility in
Lawton Mi. is more than welcome, just let me know, and I would be glad to play "tour guide". I think you would find it very interesting.

Back to our product the '71 Hemi Predator, when it is complete I will be having much more pictures on the web-site. As for content, our cars have a
full 2x4 mandrel bent frame underneath them. Something some of the originals did not have. I would think it would handle most any horsepower you would want as opposed to a uni-body set up.

All our cars come standard with air conditioning, power windows/locks, and
navigation systems. We don't ever tout our cars as originals....THEY ARE NOT. Although the body molds are taken off an original donor car, other than
that they are equipped with the latest technology. Someone asked what is that.......well....fuel injection, disc brakes all the way around, independent front suspension systems, electronic gauges (Autometer) just to name a few.

I used to own alot of yesterday's muscle cars years ago, and I loved them.
But lets face it, they fell short in alot of areas, along with some of the quality
back then. I still like them today, but we are not trying to copy the past.
Hopefully some will think we have "improved" on the past.

I was at the Auburn Classic Car Auction in August and if there was one thing
most of the "original" car owners complaned about were cars that were said
to be original, but were not. How do you know anymore? There are alot of people who pay big money today buying what they THINK is an original when it really isn't. Vin changing, replacement blocks, non original colors ect.
Our cars are.....Our cars.....not meant to be original....just look like it.
The last original Hemi Cuda I saw sell on TV at the Barrett Jackson Auction
brought 1.4 MILLION. I don't know about you, but that isn't even an option
for someone like me........and if it was.....trust me....it would just be a
"hangar queen". We build our cars to drive and have fun with....EVERYDAY !

If any of you have any questions about our cars or would just like to gather
information, feel free to call me. (765) 776-0934 I'll try and help.
Or just visit our web-site

Oh....also, the car does have a Chrysler automatic transmission as standard.
(someone asked that) and we do offer the Tremec 5 spd. manual as well.

Thanks again for allowing me to "show our wares" to people who enjoy cars
as much as we do.

BTW we will be in Indianapolis Feb. 8th, 9th, and 10th with a display booth
at the World of Wheels show. Drop by and say hi.

Thanks again,

Greg Mavrick
Legend Motors of Indiana

Gotta agree with Oldvart on the kudos for Greg's input on this. I might not be interested myself but if I came upon someone who would be interested in that sort of ride I'd sure steer them toward Greg's company because he has shown interest in the customer. Way to go Greg!

Every damn time someone posts on here, I go back and look at the Predator. This freakin thing is really starting to grow on me. I have fallen in love with the hood, and the grill. Taillights do need ....something.

Eighty grand....eighty grand...where can I get eighty grand? Hey John, how about starting that slush fund for me?

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

Everytime I see 18" or whatever big bling wheels with low profile tires on a muscle car I just get sick. Sorry but the big ugly wheels ruin it more then anything to me but I am an old school 60's Fart. And I also would like to say thanks for the reply but it's just not my cup of tea. Ron

What cudaspaz,demon seed and 383 said.
(What IS it with those wheels on old cars?)
Maybe I have 79K to spend on it because I don't.
I'll keep my 79K.
(seems steep anyway)

What a nasty looking car!!!!!!!!!
(Not in a good way that is)

never much of a fan of the E body cudas, but that one makes me sick...

Just another one of those over the top cars. Like Foose and
all the other high priced guys do. Just leave the bling and
the other crap for the imports.:pukel:

thanks for the update greg - it's highly appreciated.

WOW....great response, and I do appreciate all the input.

Again, as I said, we may not be for everyone, but we do have some neat
stuff (in my most humble opinion).

BTW...anyone who would like to take a tour of our manufacturing facility in
Lawton Mi. is more than welcome, just let me know, and I would be glad to play "tour guide". I think you would find it very interesting.

Back to our product the '71 Hemi Predator, when it is complete I will be having much more pictures on the web-site. As for content, our cars have a
full 2x4 mandrel bent frame underneath them. Something some of the originals did not have. I would think it would handle most any horsepower you would want as opposed to a uni-body set up.

All our cars come standard with air conditioning, power windows/locks, and
navigation systems. We don't ever tout our cars as originals....THEY ARE NOT. Although the body molds are taken off an original donor car, other than
that they are equipped with the latest technology. Someone asked what is that.......well....fuel injection, disc brakes all the way around, independent front suspension systems, electronic gauges (Autometer) just to name a few.

I used to own alot of yesterday's muscle cars years ago, and I loved them.
But lets face it, they fell short in alot of areas, along with some of the quality
back then. I still like them today, but we are not trying to copy the past.
Hopefully some will think we have "improved" on the past.

I was at the Auburn Classic Car Auction in August and if there was one thing
most of the "original" car owners complaned about were cars that were said
to be original, but were not. How do you know anymore? There are alot of people who pay big money today buying what they THINK is an original when it really isn't. Vin changing, replacement blocks, non original colors ect.
Our cars are.....Our cars.....not meant to be original....just look like it.
The last original Hemi Cuda I saw sell on TV at the Barrett Jackson Auction
brought 1.4 MILLION. I don't know about you, but that isn't even an option
for someone like me........and if it was.....trust me....it would just be a
"hangar queen". We build our cars to drive and have fun with....EVERYDAY !

If any of you have any questions about our cars or would just like to gather
information, feel free to call me. (765) 776-0934 I'll try and help.
Or just visit our web-site

Oh....also, the car does have a Chrysler automatic transmission as standard.
(someone asked that) and we do offer the Tremec 5 spd. manual as well.

Thanks again for allowing me to "show our wares" to people who enjoy cars
as much as we do.

BTW we will be in Indianapolis Feb. 8th, 9th, and 10th with a display booth
at the World of Wheels show. Drop by and say hi.

Thanks again,

Greg Mavrick
Legend Motors of Indiana

-
Back