Do you "trust in the FOOSE" !!???????

-
Why would you pay to have your car built? I do it for the love of the hobby and the love i have for older cars. Nothing will ever replace the 70's, thats when the cars looked their best. For me old school is where its at, call me dull boring etc, but i like a not cut up butchered hot rod car that a guy build in his own garage after an 8 hour day at work and wrenched on weekends.

99% of the new wheels out there look like total ***, and i wouldnt waste the material that they are made of let alone put them on a classic muscle car.

Just my .02

X2 Well said.

WHY would you hand your car over to literally a junkyard builder? Foose has experience, connections, credentials, facilities & staff that far outweigh anything GYC could EVER hope to achieve..........

I watched the show a couple of times. I told my OL " If you ever let them take my car , I would be irate" I have an image of what I want my car to look like, and if Foose didn't finish it my way, I would make him re do it.

both have good skills, one acts like a dumbass when he don`t have to. like the mopars best w/o getto wheels, they make most everyone I know laugh at the people that run them, they`ll always look like sh-- on anything there on, especially if they don`t have bodies designed around big "round" fenderwells. jmo

Define ghetto wheels. Not sure who you know that laughs at bigger wheels but everyone who saw my dart loved the black 17" wheels. Like I said 14" look way too small on these cars and 15" are borderline too small looking depending on the tire.

I always have thought that Foose should stick to modding all the 80's and 90's cars he wants but leave the 60's and 70's rides alone. His build seem to boil down to multi color paint jobs and big a$$ wheels. After all who would care if he performed his "magic" on 80's Cutlass or Monte Carlo or Crown Vic or you get the point.

GYC excellent fit and finish. Even the factory wasn't that bad on hangover monday or stoner friday!

index.php

index.php

I want him to do my Prowler

He has some wheels I really like for it, not rubber band tires but some that are available with tires to fit.....LOL.

A HellCat HEMI

corvette transaxle before computer controlled

Chrome front end

Louvred engine side panels

Suiside doors

Custom interior

Paint, like it is just change up a couple of the colors

Two piece trunk lid (coming soon from Tom Mills)

Hardtop

Finish out the trunk and the inside of trailer

So guys if you can make this happen I'd be grateful

Don't think I would want them touching the Dart. It would not come out as it is in my mind. It is close as is and might change a few things this year.

I'm happy with the stance and look of my Dart as I built it. The only thing that Foose does to all the cars that I wish mine had was to tuck the bumpers and remove the bolt heads

i think if i had the money and wanted a modern car done up he is for sure be near the top of the list.

If i had the money to build a car that i think i would like and had to trust the builder to nail it i think i would choose Danny at counts kustoms.

you think so ?? i know he likes the shag carpet and dice from the mirrors but he seems to listen to what his customers want. but i suppose that could just be the cameras lol.

there are a million small builders that never have and never will see one minute on the big screen and they are prob just as good if not better than many of these guys you see on TV

Def apples and oranges.
I'd trust Foose without a worry or moments hesitation.
He started under Boyd Coddington (all things aside, he was a legendary designer.) Foose is beyond talented.
GYC knowledge and attention to details (from what I've seen...) is impressive.
Kindig is also a talented designer who's work I like a lot as well.
I'm going to get flamed for this, but...I REALLY like the Ring Bros.

His attention to overall detail sucks

Who, Foose? I beg to differ.

I'm not crazy about some of the things he does to some rides, but he is a genuine car guy, with a passion for building.

I wouldn't want Foose to "Overhaul" my car, but I would absolutely let him build me a car with my input.

Chip FOOSE for customer work ... i wouldn't event think twice... He did win the RIDDLER award last year at Michigan Autorama.....
For factory original ... you need a person that knows MOPARS in and out ... FOOSE knows a little about everything in my eyes ..

Nice custom car builder, but if someone let him butcher up my classic Mopar I would lose my mind!
take mine to graveyardcarz!

Foose is a butcher.

Graveyardcars gave me a cold gerneric response that I'll have to assume is a "No" since my Cuda is to new, being a '73.

Would let any of the mentioned anywhere near my car:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1:

I have never had a problem with Foose. He is a custom car builder, not a lets make it numbers matching car builder. Some of his stuff I like some I don't. That sounds pretty much like the cars the owners here have. Some we like, some we don't. I met the guy a few years ago. He took the time to talk and sound genuinely interested in my car.

By the way, the guy standing beside me in the photo below goes by the name Chip Foose.

Jack

Thx You Sir !!!
Good Lord, about every 6 months or so a Foose related thread comes up...
Most always with a comparative builder, (or builders) reference(s) are inclusive :).

Mr Jack,
Could I impose on Your good graces to ask Mr Foose a single question & post same here
when Ya'll talk again ????.

--- Mr Foose, do You think poverty = purity ---

Ive heard the overhaulin cars are not that greatly done compared to his sema stuff I personally dont like the big wheels. also shaved everything look only looks good on women imo

Foose is talented, but if the money truck ever stops at my house I'd ship my car to Dave Kindig.:thumbup:

-
Back