Do you use tire shine?

-

RogerK

Reaction score
Do you all use tire shine on your cars rubber or let them go 'al naturale'. Just wanted your opinions on the subject. :happy1:

I like to use Meguiar's tire gel. It's not too shiney and it's doesn't ruin a wash mit if you try washing your tires like that spray foam does.

I'm not a fan of shiny tires that look wet. I use One Grand ERV (exterior rubber & vinyl) Treatment. It leaves a matte black finish like a clean new tire. The tires come out a nice even matte black that never turns brown like some of the other treatments. The consistent finish lasts through a few car washes. It's the best I've found.

I really dont.If I do,Ill apply some sparingly on the tires,let it set for a bit,then wipe them with tire cleaner .It makes the tire look "natural" and new,not like its been covered in crap.

I'm not a fan of shiny tires that look wet. I use One Grand ERV (exterior rubber & vinyl) Treatment. It leaves a matte black finish like a clean new tire. The tires come out a nice even matte black that never turns brown like some of the other treatments. The consistent finish lasts through a few car washes. It's the best I've found.

yes,One Grand is great,and doesnt leave that greasy look.You can also dilute Armor All with water to reduce the shine to your taste.:thumbup:

I use this.
DSC00979.jpg

Attachments

• Pledge-Furniture-Polish-LSS-_i_lbw28165S.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 310
We use Mequires non silicone dressing at the shop, low gloss, no sling and it doesnt piss off the body shop next to us.

Tires on our new RAV 4 have a extremely fine texture on the sidewalls. Difficult to describe, but sure looks nice. Light plays off of it.

I like Son of a Gun. It doesn't leave a ghetto hood shine or turn yellow like Armour All. Just a stock lookin clean. Besides which, I don't wanna lose control and go skatin across the road if I roll a tire over on the sidewall. Shiny tires have always been about the stupidest lookin things in the world to me on a car.

-
Back