Doctor Diff Master Cylinder

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
I bought a Doctor Diff aluminum master cylinder some time ago and now it's getting wore out and was wondering if anyone knows of a place I could buy some new pressure seals?
I emailed Doctor Diff but got no reply and tried to start a conversion with him on here but his box is full.
Or do I just but a new master cylinder because there not rebuildable?

I bought a Doctor Diff aluminum master cylinder some time ago and now it's getting wore out and was wondering if anyone knows of a place I could buy some new pressure seals?
I emailed Doctor Diff but got no reply and tried to start a conversion with him on here but his box is full.

Great supplier!

I'd be very surprised if you didn't hear from him shortly.

He's a very reputable guy.

They are rebuildable, but in my experience it's much simpler to just buy a new one...

Have you tried calling him?

I've wondered about things like that. If he is selling these under his brand, they are most likely new and sourced from Asia. I dealt with Chinese-sourced parts in the last 15 years of my career and dealt with QC issues CONSTANTLY.

My opinion is they should last a pretty long time. I'm just spit balling here but the cylinder bores should be anodized at a minimum for wear resistance.
My old Direct Connection aluminum MC is still hanging in there. Knock on wood.

I took it apart and the seals look ok as far as there were no tears or cracks. But of course the outside edge of the seal is gonna have wear.
I looked down the bore and I couldn't tell if there were anodized or not.

Found my paper work and I bought it in June of 2014 and it has around 4500 miles on it.
I guess its just a wear item you throw away and replace.

Do you have an issue, or just preventive maint ?
None (?) of Toyota, Nissan, alum masters are anodized, and last for decades/mega miles .

Cass (DrDiff) asked me to email, as he was too busy for the phone .

Last edited:
Got to text him today and he said that he didn't know of any pressure seals that fit.
Maybe try to find some that fit a Dakota but he said it might just be better to buy a new one.
So I ordered one today and I hope I get it quick.

Do you have an issue, or just preventive maint ?
None (?) of Toyota, Nissan, alum masters are anodized, and last for decades/mega miles .

Cass (DrDiff) asked me to email, as he was too busy for the phone.
My pedal went to the floor when I drove for the first time this year on Tuesday.
But if I pump it five five times then I had some braking.
I could feel the drop down like when you have a blown out brake line, but there were no leaks on the ground when I pulled over and looked.

-
Back