Doctors

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First I just want to say this is nothing against people who post here about there life problems and ask for help and prayers.

We all deal with lifes problems in our on way,and I support everyone who goes through these ordeals and for some public venting can be a good thing.

I rarely vent in public about personal issues but this time I have to.

Recently nov7th to be exact my wife went in for achillies surgery.
Both are torn and she is a fighter and been wearing braces for 3 years.

Long story short things started out good doing well doing what we thought
was a final exam and she was going to be discharged.

The doc looks at her foot and I quote. " almost sorry I brought you in this looks great. Except for this one little spot." so he proceeds to give her a local and starts digging.

Packs it with medication and has it wraped and says leave it on don't get it wet and I will see you in a week.

So the week goes by they take off the wrap and he goes oh my!
The pin hole is now golf ball size they admit her and put her on IV antibiotics.

During the entire week he never stoped in once or returned my calls.
Sent in his assistant who said we are concerned the infection is in the bone and if things don't clear up we may have to consider desperate measures. As in amputate.

Yesterday we had a meeting as he decided it was time I guess to make a grand showing.

He examines her foot and says your fine I am going to discharge you and you can start light walking on it as long as the shoe has no heel to rub the back.

Really after all that. I'm not going to comment on what transpired after that but he felt uncomfortable to ask for security to be called.

prayers sent for your wife...sorry to hear of this trouble with the doctors

Terrible ordeal for your wife and you to go through because of a callous doctor. I am glad you gave him a talking to he will never forget. Prayers sent for your wife to be fine now.

I hope that doc had to change his shorts!! I hope your wife feels better and she heals up good, prayers sent for you both.

it sounds like she is going to be fine , im happy there has been a good outcome and you didnt land in jail. i can understand the frustration. prayers for a speedy recovery

Prayers on there way Ray, I can understand the discomfort and lack
of quality of life having our feet not work for us, bless her hart, This is such a bad way to have to deal with every day life. Prayers for her to be strong again soon. and I am sure you are doing all you can to get her back on here feet.

I know for a fact achillies surgery can be a *****. With any surgery there is always a risk of infection........But form what i understand there wasnt enough follow up..Regarding the infection. Dam bugs are hard to fight at times and in my experience the packing should have been changed daily....You want the crap out not brewing....Stuff like this pisses me off. People need to be treated like people....Like you want to be treated yourself. Im glad you got in his face. Maybe next time he will think twice about a porr bedside manor. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and all the very best..........BTW is she walking around with a bit of a heel Lift??????????

I know for a fact achillies surgery can be a *****. With any surgery there is always a risk of infection........But form what i understand there wasnt enough follow up..Regarding the infection. Dam bugs are hard to fight at times and in my experience the packing should have been changed daily....You want the crap out not brewing....Stuff like this pisses me off. People need to be treated like people....Like you want to be treated yourself. Im glad you got in his face. Maybe next time he will think twice about a porr bedside manor. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and all the very best..........BTW is she walking around with a bit of a heel Lift??????????

That's the weird part after the cast was taken off she was told she could shower and they prescribed a cream $50.00 co pay but that's not the issue.
She did all that. It was after we went and for what we thought was the last visit was when as I posted earlier that while he felt everything looked great,
But he just wanted to cut open a small area and look insid a little deeper.
It was then that he ordered it wraped and not to be opened till she came back the following week. That's when all he'll broke lose.

Thank you everyone who has posted we appreciate your support.

Night moves.
Sorry I missed your question. No heel pad just an open back shoe.
Ray, no problem.....I dont understand if all was good why in hell would he go looking for something??? Cutting the skin open again? Dum ***. I work with 5 Orthopaeds here and unfortunately yes infections do happen..But i never have seen any Drs i work with leave a patient like that or act that way. Trust me on that. I would have told him off myself. Im there for the patient not the Doc........I get in **** on a regular basis..LOL I dont care. If i cant help the patient then my job isnt done. Im glad things are better, unfortunately some people have to go through crap like this. Our health care Here in Ontario anyways is going straight down the toilet.....and Fast.:protest: I dont understand if you cant look after the people you have why bring more here and give millions away:protest:Dont take me wrong im all for helping out but not to a extreme..........

I'm feelin' ya, Ray.

For a week after Sarah's second surgery I saw nothing of her attending surgeon. Nothing. I saw the trauma unit doctors, I saw the residents, I saw the nurses, but I didn't see the attending and I didn't see his personal nurse. At all.

Until I saw him in the hallway as I was leaving to have a cigarette one night.

Things changed after that.

Then, later on, as the trauma doctors were making rounds I didn't even see them. They'd come to the room, shut the door, and discuss her case, but none of them would come into tell me what was going on either.

That was the second time I had to put my foot down. The second time was when the doctors figured it out. I wasn't going to be ignored. The roof nearly came off the hospital. After that, if the primaries weren't available - either the attending or one of the directors of the trauma unit - all I had to do was tell a nurse I needed to speak to someone. I usually had a resident in the room within minutes after that.

Some times these educated idiots need a reminder that they work for us. Not the other way around.

After my experiences with Sarah, I will tell you, that it'll be a long time before I trust another surgeon. For anything.

Sorry that docs can be so dumb glad your wife is ok. First thing that crossed my mind was breaking his face then sue his butt.even if he called the cops id plead temporary insanity or crime of passion.

Ray I am glad to hear your wife is doing better,also prayers from us for a great outcome and healing.

Ray, no problem.....I dont understand if all was good why in hell would he go looking for something??? Cutting the skin open again? Dum ***. I work with 5 Orthopaeds here and unfortunately yes infections do happen..But i never have seen any Drs i work with leave a patient like that or act that way. Trust me on that. I would have told him off myself. Im there for the patient not the Doc........I get in **** on a regular basis..LOL I dont care. If i cant help the patient then my job isnt done. Im glad things are better, unfortunately some people have to go through crap like this. Our health care Here in Ontario anyways is going straight down the toilet.....and Fast.:protest: I dont understand if you cant look after the people you have why bring more here and give millions away:protest:Dont take me wrong im all for helping out but not to a extreme..........

That's the question why dig looking for something.
The other tendon is also torn and needs repair.
I know this. It will be a Looong time before she has that one done and it won't be by this guy. She has been wearing braces on both legs for three years.
So I guess she will tolerate the one as long as she can.

Again thanks everyone for your prayers and comments.

That sucks I wonder about Doctors now a day seams like no compassion,Prayers sent.Cindy lost her eye sight in her left eye,because of a newbie,he was having trouble adjusting the lazier, dam that should of been our first clue to dump hi.

-
Back