dodge dart 1969 ladder bars

• Thread starter Deleted member 36901
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 36901

I am curious what back half components people are running on A body darts such as ladder bar length , Brand , shocks , bracket kits anything helps . my plan is to have the fronts come off the ground about 2 1/2 to 3 feet have a Dana 60 with 456 gears plan on doing a 512 stroker with a glide thanks to anybody who gives some input

32 or 33 inch ladder bars work great on a Dart.....I have Chassis Works...Chassis Engineering ..and Competition Engr ladder bars on the 3 cars.....

Best to buy all the brackets and hardware from the same people...makes life easier...

Shocks...buy the best you can afford...

Thanks fir your input ive looked at chassis works and found there ladder bar kit with shocks ladder bars and crossmembers only concern is the brackets that go on the housing are a complete circlular hole in a bracket with from looking I won't be able to slide them on cause my housing ends are already on the tubes most ive looked at only connect to the ladder bar and weld to half of the axle tube if you understand what im saying if not its ok ill try to post pictures of the bracket

IMG_74175724152887.jpg

saw the pro street Chassis works ladder bars do you think theres much difference from the pro street bars vs there pro adjustable drag ladder bars??? Sorry just rather not order parts and not have them work out

Ya I need to call them I've been working 12 hr shifts and haven't had time to get some info on all there ladder bars im not to familiar with ladder bars but what are advantages of longer or shorter ladder bars

32 or 33 inch ladder bars work great on a Dart.....I have Chassis Works...Chassis Engineering ..and Competition Engr ladder bars on the 3 cars.....

Best to buy all the brackets and hardware from the same people...makes life easier...

Shocks...buy the best you can afford...

Just curios.... what instant center works best for you. Do you ever move it (up /down) for changing conditions??

The different length bars and changing the instant center ( distance the front attaching point is from the ground) is how you tune.

If I remember correctly....the heavier the car...the longer the bar. The instant center is more to adjust to the track condition.(sticky)

A 4-bar is nothing more than a ladder bar with mega-adjustments......often way more than you will ever use.

Just curios.... what instant center works best for you. Do you ever move it (up /down) for changing conditions??

The different length bars and changing the instant center ( distance the front attaching point is from the ground) is how you tune.

If I remember correctly....the heavier the car...the longer the bar. The instant center is more to adjust to the track condition.(sticky)

A 4-bar is nothing more than a ladder bar with mega-adjustments......often way more than you will ever use.

i have read about instant centers....and only under stand it as moving a refrigerator as far as where you push it to move it easier....LOL

I dont think I have every adjusted the bars either.....I put them on using high tech tools...like carpenter square....a metal yard stick...metal tape measure....magnetic degree finder...torpedo level...floor jacks.....and measured and re measured to make everything was square or plumb to the earth...

I even left the leaf springs on the car to keep the rear housing located in the stock location until the ladder bars were welded in place..

In all three cases the cars go straight...their 60 ft times seem to be consistent with what there ET is....

And I bought 4 cheap plumb bobs from harbor freight...actually used them to make sure the ladder bars were square...measuring diagonally

How do you measure a ladder bar I looked at my friends satellite it has chassis works ladder bars I know they have 32 and 36 inch bars I measured like 29 inches on his . anyone have pictures of measuring ladder bars the correct way I called chassis works they where a joke to try and talk to

Where did you measure to on his? Should be measuring from mounting point to mounting point, they are adjustable of course so it will vary from car to car with the same bars.

centerline of the rear axle.....to centerline of front mount...

^^^^What he said^^^^^

I just went and measured mine and they are 34"to the center of the axle from the front heim joint. I was thinking i had 36" bars but its been a few years since i installed them. I was thinking the last time i did final assembly and i was getting everything measured up correctly and even they were 36" from mount to mount but i guess i have a bad memory lol.

Now I feel dumb asking but centerline would be directly under the tube in the middle right ?? Or is it on the front of the tube in middle if you understand what I mean

-
Back