Dodge demon project?

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
Saw this in an ad for sale. Not sure its salvageable. But definitely alot of good parts.
00U0U_kd8sTvRhtkt_600x450.jpg
01414_abWfN0DDg1Z_600x450.jpg
00X0X_el93a6njLEZ_600x450.jpg
person is asking $800 I don't think I'm going to grab it up. I want a demon, but want a good straight roller at least.

Its fixable. Time and money. As a former bodyman i would do it. But no way id give 800 for that

If high option V8 car....

Find a 4D donor.

Nice Demons are bringing big money.

You have to consider the amount of work it will take. Your going to need a donor car with good front rails and likely firewall. Floor pans are probably buckled on passenger side too. Man that took one hell of a hit for sure.
I would have to inspect that in person. Maybe the car is fine from the firewall back, no way to tell by pictures. I straightened a duster in similar condition with a winch and a big oak tree. Made a real nice driver afterwards.

Get a moredoor donor and clip it from torsion bar crossmember forward. Be sure to reuse your vin partial from the original demon radiator support. I got a straight upper header panel, and front bumper brackets for one of these up for sale. LMK if you need them.

69472. That's the total number of 71 Demons built,according to the Govier book. And that was 47 years ago. I stripped out two of them; they're gone forever.
It might be getting to be slim pickings. If you don't buy it, you might never get another chance to realize your dream. What's your dream worth?

Well, maybe I owe it to myself to give the guy a call and go look it over in person with an open mind. Lol, and maybe open wallet.

And I do have a moredoor with correct drivetrain, radiator, sheetmetal is flawless. I even got a sharktooth grill sitting wrapped up in a crate.....damn I have been looking and waiting for a really straight roller demon project to come up. But your right, with low production numbers like they have beggars can't be choosers. I messaged him, hoping I can go check it out this weekend or before if the persons available. I will take the car hauler with me just in case I can't live without it.

Well, leave the hauler a couple of blocks away, or he might see your desperation lol.
Good luck

Waitaminute!!
Sharktooth grills were Duster 340 grills
The Duster front clip is completely different from a Demon.
But somehow I think you probably already know that,lol.

I got the demon bumper brackets, and upper header panel. I will make you a deal on it. You have to use a 71 dart front clip to be correct.

I got the demon bumper brackets, and upper header panel. I will make you a deal on it. Uou have to use a 71 dart front clip to be correct.
I'll let you know. If I get the car i will definitely need it. Yeah, I know the sharktooth is a duster grill. Lol. Initially when I said it I was thinking about using the front clip from a Plymouth. But then realized I would use the sheetmetal from the 71 dart we parted. Ive got a complete k-frame with A-arms, power steering, torsion bars laying here. Definitely good advice to leave the trailer around the corner. Haha.

So far I've not heard from the person selling it. I'm sure with the holidays that's to be expected. But I will definitely keep everyone updated.

That really wasn’t a hard hit. Pretty easy to pull into shape again. A bodies are not the most structuraly solid car out there. For some of you older guys, I’m sure you remember these things in the junk yards in the 70s and 80s. They fold up pretty easily. My family and me were rear ended at a red light by a Duster in our 1966 Satellite. We were fine and my dad drove the Satellite home. A bumper, tail light and trunk lid later the Satellite was good. The Duster? Dad said the engine was damn near through the fire wall and the fire department had to rip the doors off because they wouldn’t open. Both occupants were hurting for sure.
Anyway, like noted before, how many real Demons are left? Personally if I knew where the car was, I’d take it and build it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I am still trying to get in touch with the guy selling it. No response from him yet.

So if 800 is too much...what's good...600?
What if you got it free...
Pretty small percentage of finished value isn't it?
If your going to quibble over a couple bucks on that cheap of a buy in it may not be the right car for you .

I can't say until I see it in person honestly and I know that. It may easily be worth the $800 if it's got a title. To me that would be the difference if its a good deal for a car to repair or if its parts car. I'm not looking to pay $800 on a car parted is $1000 or so. The ad doesn't say its one way or the other. Judging by his other ads I'm guessing no title. But will wait to hear that from the owner before I go all in one way or the other. Oregon is not the easiest state to deal with the DMV on anything especially lost, salvage or anything. I've been down there twice in the last couple months on cars with lost titles and even walking in there with the last registered owners that had registration paperwork and proof of ownership was still a hassle, takes up two persons time cause if no last owner with you, no go. Then the fact its $100 just to transfer over a piece of paper. One was a ford ranger and the other a 72 valiant. But I know that the demon is worth more effort than most cars value wise.

I definitely think they are worth saving. Heck I've got 10k into my big block duster build and it was a /6 car that had massive rot in the floors, trunk, quarters and not a straight panel on it. I know despite all the work and money when it's done I'll have to just enjoy it and keep it cause I couldn't sell it for near what I'd be into it. The demon would be a potential investment if done right.

Well I spoke to the guy selling the demon. No title, bill of sale only. He is a car guy for sure, big on mopars. He said the car is heavily damaged and wasted from the firewall forward. Said it's only a parts car in his opinion. With the car being sold out of California and a 3.5 hour drive from me each way, I'm going to have to pass on this one. The drive being the least of the issue, I just don't want to waste time or gas money on it. If someone else is interested in it, let me know I can get you the link and his contacts info.

-
Back