Dodge done in NASCAR

-
wow the last team to be running dodges, that is so disappointing, that sucks. now i will REALLY have no reason to watch it...whats next, petty enterprises running chebbies? or how about a yoda.. not that the fords are that much better.

pretty soon it will be nothing but a field of toyotas with a toyota pace car...i can see that coming lol, maybe hyundai can get some cars qualified

The wierd thing is they are releasing there 2013 Sprint Cup car ( new Charger ) in Las Vegas in March but there will be no team using them ?

they might be leaving cup, but there's a new challenger coming next year for the nationwide series

Dodge has been done in NASCAR for decades. The latest return with the advent of the Charger was never given the support it needed, unfortunately. I remember Petty and Sterling Marlin griping about that very thing.
Any success the Dodge Charger teams had was, in large part, a testament to their own prowess.

petty with pontiac and olds, but whats the difference i guess lol

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 567
  • rip1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 580
1977 Richard Petty IROC Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Goodwood Festival of Speed 2005......i guess this is petty close

Attachments

• rip2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 573
They all look the F'n same anyway...."Next generation car" . They still do Craftsman truck series (dunno, not a big oval track fan myself?)?

heres a new one by me...ive never seen this car before...monte carlo...

Attachments

• rip3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 558
Dodge has been done in NASCAR for decades. The latest return with the advent of the Charger was never given the support it needed, unfortunately. I remember Petty and Sterling Marlin griping about that very thing.
Any success the Dodge Charger teams had was, in large part, a testament to their own prowess.

actually petty was heavily involved in dodges return

They all look the F'n same anyway...."Next generation car" . They still do Craftsman truck series (dunno, not a big oval track fan myself?)?

in fact a dodge ram won last weekends CTS race..at least they arent completely out of it ..yet

FYI, Petty did run a Monte Carlo also. Who cares.
There isn't a brand loyal racing team in nascar.
When Dodge got back in, it was from a marketing standpoint.
If a Dodge won, it was just icing on the cake.
It does make you wonder what next lack-luster team will be in a Dodge.
There has been talk of another design change on the current engine, to make it more competive.
There is also work being done on the 2013 Charger body.
Who knows, they may just pull the plug & save alot of money.
This is not the same underdog brand from the 60's & 70's that could win with less than the the brands.
The reason, no passion.
RIP Dodge racing.

as far as RPE goes, they havent had much success in any make they have ran in years. petty in chevy? doesnt matter to me. i live in the past anyways lol

There isn't a brand loyal racing team in nascar.
This is not the same underdog brand from the 60's & 70's that could win
The reason, no passion.
RIP Dodge racing.

couldnt have said it any better RIP.......or even BETTER, how about a 2013 DART cup car? nope..too small

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla bla

What the heck difference does it make?

-
Back