Dodge leaving nascar again!

-
Should say there are classes for circle track racing but you never see them on tv driving beat to hell pure stocks with hammy down parts do you?

I will go out on a limb here, if Nascar brings in more import manufactures, it will kill off Nascar as we know it.
They are scrambling now, when was the last time that you have seen the stands full?
It doesn't make sense to race something that doesn't reflect what you are selling.
My way to bring life back to Nascar;
Stock bodies on a race chassis.
Use the oem engine block & heads from the manufacture, all the domestics have modern V-8's.
Only allow a true RWD car in the series, just like they sell.
Move the FWD V-6 cars to Nationwide, same formula.
Left out the imports, if they want to run, better design something that you can sell in the showroom.
X2 hell toyota never made a over head valve head tobegian with so how are they in there any ways

how much do the manufacturers actually have to do with NASCAR anyways? they put stickers on the cars and give $$ that's pretty much it isnt it? The individual teams are the ones that design everything and build the motors. I doubt half the parts are made by Toyota, Ford, or Chevy anyways.. someone enlighten me

I will go out on a limb here, if Nascar brings in more import manufactures, it will kill off Nascar as we know it.
They are scrambling now, when was the last time that you have seen the stands full?
It doesn't make sense to race something that doesn't reflect what you are selling.
My way to bring life back to Nascar;
Stock bodies on a race chassis.
Use the oem engine block & heads from the manufacture, all the domestics have modern V-8's.
Only allow a true RWD car in the series, just like they sell.
Move the FWD V-6 cars to Nationwide, same formula.
Left out the imports, if they want to run, better design something that you can sell in the showroom.

I say we put you in charge!!

how much do the manufacturers actually have to do with NASCAR anyways? they put stickers on the cars and give $$ that's pretty much it isnt it? The individual teams are the ones that design everything and build the motors. I doubt half the parts are made by Toyota, Ford, or Chevy anyways.. someone enlighten me

The time wnen every team built their own engines is over. The sheer cost of development has driven the small guy out of the racing game.
Toyota builds all their own engines thru TRD Racing. They lease them ouit to the teams. It's all Toyota.
All Ford motors come from Roush Yates Racing & they lease to the Ford race teams.
Hendricks Racing & Earnhardt-Childress Racing build & lease out all the Chevy engines.

The manufactures provide a lot of engineering support to the teams, especially the flagship teams for each manufacturer.

GM - Hendrick/RCR
Ford - Roush
Yota - JGR and MWR

I think it's a bad move for dodge and nascar, Dodge will lose sales because of it,and nascar will lose a big fan base, If nascar would help dodge like they did shityota then they might could stay nascar helped yota with there engine which i don't think was fair,And Penske i don't know what he's thinking going with roush engines they have been under powered all season, Carls engine seems to blow everyweek, And he's only won one championship in nationwide In A DODGE, I still hope brad can win the championship this year as i won't be pulling for nobody next year with no dodges out there,

I for one agree with you, After damn near goin to fisticuffs,(peanuts and beer thrown at me and my crew by a bunch of ***-hats wearing toyota shirts) at dover last year, We've already decided that a trip to Cancun is a much better way to spend a long weekend. We have one trip left to Nascrap this years and we're done. With Dodge leaving It just seals the deal. So Sad, This used to be the great american sport, Not any more. Gonna miss the friends we've made over the last 18 years, the last 11 @ Dover,...Enjoy the elbow room from those 10 more empty seats.

I've had a similar thought since the 90's.

I really miss the cars that were actually street ("stock") cars, with a few race mods, rather than 100% generic custom engineered race only parts assemblies.
yep, who cares which manufacturer's sticker is on a current Nascar.
The only person who cares is the driver, so he remembers haw to phrase his "well, the [sponsor name][manufacture's name] [car model name] ran great today..." speech.

yep, who cares which manufacturer's sticker is on a current Nascar.
The only person who cares is the driver, so he remembers haw to phrase his "well, the [sponsor name][manufacture's name] [car model name] ran great today..." speech.

Imagine if there were modern raced out camaros, challengers, and mustangs in NASCAR. Holy crap I would be at fort worth every chance I could...

Imagine if there were modern raced out camaros, challengers, and mustangs in NASCAR. Holy crap I would be at fort worth every chance I could...

there is , the nationwide nascar series, there is a commode as well, i just didnt post it.

Attachments

• nws.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 133
  • nws1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 139
  • nws2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 138
That's too bad, but NASCAR Grand National/Sprint Cup has steadily gone downhill since the '79 Daytona 500 and with the loss of Winston as a sponsor it is now effectively dead to most older fans.

It has become irrelevant to me (and I'm sure many others) and is nothing more than a multi hour parade of advertisements on fantasy cars driven by "professional" drivers who act like they're on a reality show, I'd rather watch Australian V8 Super Cars anyway!

Maybe Dodge will now be a bigger presence in NHRA...

It will be sad watching a race without a Dodge being in there..... well to me anyways. I still like to watch NASCAR and was going to the races for the last couple years until the economy went south. My hours started getting cut so what money I had was going to more important things like my new shop I built. Havent been to a race any this year or last year. The last time I went to Talladega they moved my seat so the fans would sit closer together making it look less patchy in the crowd. I don't believe it worked that well if you ask me.

there is , the nationwide nascar series, there is a commode as well, i just didnt post it.

This is my ideal NASCAR:
Slapping a grill and stickers on those does not count as stock cars. Not even close!! I'm talking stock "modified" motors and stock bodies under a certain list of regulations everyone must follow, if it isn't available in the showroom it shouldn't be allowed on the track. Honestly there's nothing challenger or mustang about those, they even have one with Ford focus on it. Are you kidding? That's a joke!
I do like though how they're at least trying to change up the bodies, that certainly is a step in the right direction

This is my ideal NASCAR:
Slapping a grill and stickers on those does not count as stock cars. Not even close!! I'm talking stock "modified" motors and stock bodies under a certain list of regulations everyone must follow, if it isn't available in the showroom it shouldn't be allowed on the track. Honestly there's nothing challenger or mustang about those, they even have one with Ford focus on it. Are you kidding? That's a joke!
I do like though how they're at least trying to change up the bodies, that certainly is a step in the right direction

im just showing you that there is a weak attempt to run the "pony cars" of today.
i agree, i grew up when stock cars were showroom cars with a race prepped motor and a cage. i grew up when richard petty was behind the wheel of stp chargers. i watched the winston cup series get squashed and turned into the sprint cup and there was nothing left of the original cars.

......this is when it was REAL

Attachments

• bid.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 118
  • bid1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 129
  • bid3.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 123
  • j4.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 117
  • j6.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 128
I just DVR the race...fast forward to watch the wrecks..and then watch the last 10 laps...cuts the race down to about 30 minutes...

-
Back