Dodge Shadow Front Suspension Question

-

yhzrt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 94 Shadow. Theres a noise in the front end, sounds like a bushing gone, but I've replaced most of them already, and when I've got it on the hoist, everything seems very tight. It only does it on a rough road so its not all the time.

Any sugguestions as to what it might be? I was thinking the struts or strut mounts....

Thanks in advance.

Yup, upper strut mounts are very common, check your sway bar end links (if so equiped) they can make noise too..

My wife owns a '93 Shadow that I have to maintain against my wishes & it makes a noise up front also. It seems to happen whenever I back out of the driveway & turn the steering wheel. I have replaced the sway bar bushings & the struts were replaced years ago. I will have to look into the upper strut mounts also. It is a 3.0l V6 convertible with a 5 speed, fun to drive.

Thanks guys. Thats where I was leaning was the upper mounts. I just don't want to spend anymore money on this car than I have to.

Could also be as simple as the nut on top of the strut shaft is a little loose.

This is the nut that is visible from the engine compartment in the center of the strut mount.

Try an impact gun on it to see if it tightens.

Definetly strut mounts. I have had several fwd chryslers and its very common.

you must check both sway bar bushings bar to arm and bar to frame. wheel can,t behanging must not have a load on the bar. the frame ones go unlooked at alot.ball joints tight too? check the greese fitting to see if they are sucked up in the joint.

-
Back