dodge truck questions

-

Mopardude

Reaction score
I would like to build myself a nice rig to be a daily driver/hauler/4 wheeler. I have a few questions before I go looking. How swapable are bodys and chassis late 70's to late 80's? I am here in Wisconsin so all the 4x4's I have found so far the bodies are crap. I have found a couple of 2 wheel drive trucks with decent enough bodies. I would like to maybe find a magnum 5.9 that is fuel injected build up it up some. I have built several carbuerated 360's but I have no expeience with fuel injection. Is that something a hobbiest like me could do easy enough? Would it be best to get a 3/4 ton chassis with dana's or would a 1/2 ton with 9 1/4's be good enough for what I need? I won't be doing and seroius pulling or any hard core off roading. I am just looking for a nice rig to do a little bit of everything. Also are after market rims just as easy to get for either axel?

Here's a web site that can give you all the help you need. Maybe even find a truck for you. I think swapping bodies is fairly easy from the early 70's to the late 80's there are some differences in body panels but I think the frames stayed the same. I know a guy that has an 82? club cab on the frame of a 74 short bed. If you aren't doing any Heavy towing & wheeling the 9-1/4 rear & Dana 44 front will hold up well. I had a 78 Trailduster w/ those axles w/ 4.56 gears 36" Swampers pushed by a 400 Big block, It's still going strong after some serious abuse on the trail. I'm on the site as 78Trailduster.

http://ramchargercentral.com

Hey Mopardude to bad you don't live closer i have a 77 Dodge 4x4 chassis in real nice shape,an 8 foot box almost rust free and a bunch of other parts.

EvilScamp said:
Hey Mopardude to bad you don't live closer i have a 77 Dodge 4x4 chassis in real nice shape,an 8 foot box almost rust free and a bunch of other parts.

Man if you were closer thats what I need then I wouldent half to sell my 77 Just swap it over.

EvilScamp said:

hmmm what part of PA are you located?

Mopardude said:
EvilScamp said:

hmmm what part of PA are you located?

Central,about 50miles north of Harrisburg.

-
Back