does anybody make a coffemaker worth a damn!

-
I'd look to see if you have a low voltage problem.
Volts go down, amps go up, electric stuff frys.
Just a thought, I use B&D, no problems.

K.I.S.S.

try a french press of Vit Nam press
At least when one of those break you know whats wrong.

KEURIG

Best cup of coffee I have ever had..We've had ours for about a year now, and I love it.

It produces a repeateable, delicious cup of coffee EACH and EVERY TIME.

Makes all of our other coffe makers obsolete (IMHO)-

Let me start off by saying I am not a coffee snob. Folger's Classic Roast. I want my coffee hot, black and NOW.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but a friend of mine has one, and I wasn't impressed with it. The coffee was fine, but the individual K cups were a pain, especially when there was 8 adults sitting around waiting. The coffee maker is $150. Plus, the cups are .50-1.00 a piece depending on where you buy them.

I make a pot of coffee and 5 minutes later, we are ALL enjoying coffee. I could see it if you only needed one cup of coffee every once in a while, but it would still be an expensive cup of coffee.

Follow up: I spoke with my buddy last night and he said that he got his KEURIG machine from his friend for FREE!!! It just wasn't working out like the guy expected so he traded my buddy for his automatic drip coffee maker. Still makes a good cup of coffee, especially when you only need a cup or two.

I really like that coffee maker. How is the taste compared to preground coffee?

I can't answer about the coffee maker, but coffee does taste better when you grind the beans yourself. I have a very old Mr. Coffee coffee maker that's still kicking. I keep the beans in the freezer and it just takes a second to grind them up. Found a couple Braun grinders at a Goodwill store, they always seem to have them. One grinder for coffee and another to grind up herbs and spices for meat rubs etc.

Well, I took the thing back to Wally World and they made an excuse about exchanging (cant trace the c.c.) it so out of frustration and one upsmanship when they refused to exchange it I bought an identical one (cash!) and in a few days I'll return it as defective for a cash refund. I hate being jerked around!! Don't get mad, get even! :evil4:

My wife gave me a Bunn about ten years ago, and it's still working fine.

BINGO.

They make the best coffee, no aftertaste or "metal" flavor, give you instant drip coffee on demand, and all you have to do is keep the water line and 'sprinkler' head clean.

Can't beat 'em.........and we've tried MANY over 35 years....Bunn's simply the best...... :toothy7:

I have Keurig, and I love it.

It makes coffee and tea by the cup or mug, and Iced coffee and Iced tea by the glass in a little over a minute.

I also have a Bunn that will make two pots, for when we have company.

Funny thing is, I keep thinking about that whole "My wife gave me a Bunn ten years ago", comment. I'm kinda hoping mine will give me one tonight.......

Funny thing is, I keep thinking about that whole "My wife gave me a Bunn ten years ago", comment. I'm kinda hoping mine will give me one tonight.......

You might end up with another Bunn in the oven. :downtown:

X2 on the BUNN
.....coffee in 3 mins and simple to clean & maintain.... This is the one I have NHBX-B Bunn 10 Cup ...cost me around 110 4 years ago! prior to that I had the predecessor of this model Bunn 70112059 A10 Coffee Brewer cost was quite a bit higher.....this one is ON sale Bunn HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Brewer for $74 plus the ride or if you are close to the outlet.....

NOTHING beats a Bunn they have been the choice of restaurants for 50 years....that is a tough track record to beat! I love it I start it off and take out the trash and by the time I get back in, the coffee is ready....... unlike the designer brands that claim to make a superior coffee and take 15 mins to brew it......they are over priced and the coffee tastes better from the BUNN and they are cheaper!!! go figure

Ernie has a membership to http://www.gevalia.com/Pages/index.aspx . Used to have a deal where if you signed up they would send you a free machine. If you cancel your membership you got to keep the machine. We had it for several years until someone, who shall remain nameless, put the pot back into the machine with it still tuned on. Of course it broke......For what it is worth we really enjoy there coffee, she kept her membership and used me for a second free machine.....

KEURIG

28836755-177x150-0-0.jpg

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Keurig_Special_Edition_B60_Brewer_Coffee_Machine

Best cup of coffee I have ever had..We've had ours for about a year now, and I love it.

It produces a repeateable, delicious cup of coffee EACH and EVERY TIME.

Makes all of our other coffe makers obsolete (IMHO)

-

While you may be correct about the how great the coffee is I contend that you can't make enough fast enough. You can pick three sizes of coffee to make but the coffee insert is the same size. Make a large or a small and its the same amount of coffee, making the large size a weaker cup of Joe. I got one for fathers day and returned it the next day. MHO, buy the Cuisinart (it's what I have and I love it) If you don't make a travel mug to take with you the Keurig is a home run. my 2 cents

After bragging about my 12 cup Cuisinart coffee maker last year, it finally let me down. 10 years old X 1 pot a day = approx 3650 pots of coffee.

6301914476784P.JPG

So, I went out an bought another. $89 on sale for $53. Hope I get another ten years out of it!!

i run with a tassimo since i drink maybe a cup a day at work (work alone) alot easier to clean with less crap to clean up every day. Mind you more expense

Also the t-discs are easier to find at the grocery store.
i enjoy the latte's and cappucinios every now and then as the second cup in a day.

I have never seen the kurig discs at any store in my area

All I use is a Bunn,at least 1 pot a day ,sometimes 2.Last one was over 10yrs old.Under $100.00.

BUNN.....The one we have now is 7-8 years old and makes 1-2 pots daily. Best thing is that it is done in 3 minutes.

I've been using a French Press for the last 10 years. No filters, just put the coffee grinds in the bottom, add hot water, let it brew a minute and put the top on. Pours about three tallboys. Coffee will be strong............

vbpgimage.php

-
Back