Does anyone drive a late model Jeep vehicle?

-
My "2 year old" strategy has worked pretty well.

Someone else eats the major depreciation, and I get a year left of warranty.

We bought our '03 PT with 45,000 on it in 2011 and it made it to 154,000 before it started using water heavily with no apparent leak or gasket issue.

We got our $3500 out of it (well, plus that $900 timing belt at 90,000) and sold it for $500.

I add 1/2 quart to the 2.4 at 3500-4000 miles after the oil change. Then I change it at 5000. The same every time for the first five oil changes. It's still under warranty, so it gets Mopar spec MS-6395 0W-20 and Mopar filters.

I haven't sen any oil consumption in my 1.4

It goes about 9500 miles between changes.

MS-12991 "Ferrari" spec is no longer available.

I use what appears to be the replacement- Euro syn 5w 40.

$10 /qt

BTW- the CDJR dealership put 0w-20 in it the first 2 times I had them do it (While it was still under warranty) and they kept telling me it needed done at 3500 miles.

IDIOTS.

BTW BTW- the 1.4t Renegade has a better power to weight ratio than a 318 Duster.

$10 /qt

BTW- the CDJR dealership put 0w-20 in it the first 2 times I had them do it (While it was still under warranty) and they kept telling me it needed done at 3500 miles.

IDIOTS.

BTW BTW- the 1.4t Renegade has a better power to weight ratio than a 318 Duster.

Quaker State Euro 5W-40 meets MS-12991. It also meets Porsche A40, one of the most stringent specs out there. $15.97 for a 5 quart jug at Wally World. Good Product, great deal.

I believe I used Mobil last time. It was BMW/Mercedes spec.

$10 /qt

IDIOTS.

I never really saw any issues with the 1.4, in my area; the 2.4 was where I saw the most, as far as oil consumption. We used to take calls all the time for "cranks ok but doesn't start." You wouldn't believe the arguments we got from people, when we asked them to check their oil...until they did. I can't (but do) believe a dealer would tell you to change every 3500, obviously product knowledge was not a priority. we suggested people CHECK their oil at that interval (vehicle / engine dependent).

I believe I used Mobil last time. It was BMW/Mercedes spec.
That's good stuff. I really like the Mobil1 FS 0W-40. It meets all those Euro specs and has more than 1000 PPM of ZDDP. I use it in my Barracuda. I'd use it in the Renegade off warranty with no reservations.
The Quaker State has all those other approvals, too. The reason it has that MS-12991 spec when others don't is because of Shell's marketing partnership with FCA. Shell, Pennzoil and Quaker State have the quick and easy path to FCA approvals.

Wife has a 17 Compass we bought new, she loves it 4cyl stick shift.
Its been a good vehicle, it fits her needs good.
No issues, just let the dealer change the oil and drive it.

the wife had a grand cherokee for a loaner this week, first off...that thing is tiny, i dont know who makes jeeps nowadays but it sure feels like an import

she liked it, but what i absolutely hate is that when you kill the engine the seat moves back
seems like a real safety hazard to me since it crushes who ever is in the back seat

Ever consider a Pacifica? Know a few people that absolutely love theirs.
I have a Pacifica as my daily and I love it.
If you can get someone to come off of theirs I suggest you buy it.
I have the 4.0L AWD and it has more than enough power to get down the road and rides damn nice. It got plenty of room, in fact I'm not afraid to put a couple of adults in the back. Kids do well in the 3rd row.

i don't know what the new jeeps are made of but it must be gold saw a commercial for the new grand cherokee ad said pricing starting at 94.000, crazy for a vehical that made it's mark for being the most basic 4 wheel transportation on the planet

One of the few negative things I have to say about the Renegade-

For a Jeep, it doesn't seem to be particularly "rugged".

Especially the interior. Scuffs very easily, and fabric holds dirt. neither are qualities I'd like to have in a vehicle that's supposed to be off road capable.

-
Back