DOES COLOR AFFECT SALE ?

-
I was looking for a barracuda couldn't find one. So I bought a 71 demon. In the mean time I found a barracuda. Who knew The demon needs body, paint, interior, engine, trans. The whole underside is done & is beautiful. Has new gas tank. Complete front end rebuild. All new front big bolt pattern disk brakes. Floors, frame, inner fenders, fenders & lt door are really nice. So what I am going to do is the body work & paint & some if not all seals. Its original 318 auto on the floor. Its originally B5 blue. Any thoughts on the color I should paint it ? Not sure if the blue would help it sell.

Paint it panther pink and find out first hand.
It might take a little longer to sell, but the person that wants it will pay a premium.

Other than high impact colors, B5 is one of the most popular colors. What's not to like.

View attachment 1715458310

I get sprung every time I see your car. It's the stance, the color, the condition, all of it. Dang, man.

When I got my fastback, Plum Crazy was not what I wanted.
The more people told that me they disliked the color, the more I liked it

Plum crazy and Panther Pink were ahead of the times.
Pink is very much in style with breast cancer awareness now.
Plum crazy makes a cool statement, it Always catches my eye, even on a Jeep or Durango.

Plum crazy and Panther Pink were ahead of the times.
Pink is very much in style with breast cancer awareness now.
Plum crazy makes a cool statement, it Always catches my eye, even on a Jeep or Durango.

I've seen Chevys painted Plum Crazy.
POSERS

Geez

image.jpeg

I was looking for a barracuda couldn't find one. So I bought a 71 demon. In the mean time I found a barracuda. Who knew The demon needs body, paint, interior, engine, trans. The whole underside is done & is beautiful. Has new gas tank. Complete front end rebuild. All new front big bolt pattern disk brakes. Floors, frame, inner fenders, fenders & lt door are really nice. So what I am going to do is the body work & paint & some if not all seals. Its original 318 auto on the floor. Its originally B5 blue. Any thoughts on the color I should paint it ? Not sure if the blue would help it sell.

Probably.
Advise: Paint it the original color. (Even though I'm not found of blue in general.)
Generally speaking, and in defense of earth tones, color choice is somewhat dependent on what the vehicle type is.
New or old.
Antique or modern.
Truck, SUV or Prius.
Personally, in our hobby world I might already driving an anomaly.
Would I necessarily want the color to resemble the inside of a ***** house?
I say that because I do have a Y3 car.
But not all should be.

I painted one of my cars 06 Viper metallic blue. Kind like b5 but darker and richer.
If your plan is to sell, bodywork it and leave it in primer and let the buyer choose. Materials are too expensive to guess what someone will pay fair price for.

You cant go wrong with B5. Its one of those colors that everyone seems to love. Some of the high impacts are a love/hate thing. FE5 red is a good resale color.

hell yea the color affects sales. don't think B5 would hurt you but f6 green or gold would even though some guys like myself do like those colors. high impact colors catch buyers eyes for sute.

I used to get no end of grief over my "booger green" Dart, but I always liked the dark EF8 green and it was the original color too. I did toss the white vinyl top on the advice of my bodyman, good call there, interior was F6 cloth seats from a 75 Dart SE, with black carpet and dash pad.

Since your car is coded for B5, and it’s a good color for resale, I would say that’s a win/win. My least favorite color is lime green, on any car except an original lime green car. It’s overdone, waaaaay overdone, and purple is not far behind. Although to me, plum crazy is a much more palatable choice between the 2.

"Resell" red is money in the bank. Look at your fastfood joint's and how much red they use in their logos..... People like red lol....

JW

-
Back