DOES COLOR AFFECT SALE ?

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
I was looking for a barracuda couldn't find one. So I bought a 71 demon. In the mean time I found a barracuda. Who knew The demon needs body, paint, interior, engine, trans. The whole underside is done & is beautiful. Has new gas tank. Complete front end rebuild. All new front big bolt pattern disk brakes. Floors, frame, inner fenders, fenders & lt door are really nice. So what I am going to do is the body work & paint & some if not all seals. Its original 318 auto on the floor. Its originally B5 blue. Any thoughts on the color I should paint it ? Not sure if the blue would help it sell.

yep, color does effect sales. Could be if it's a rare car the original color is best. But for me, I'll pay more for red, blue, silver, etc etc over dark brown. That's just me. But the original B5 is always good

If you are planning on selling it, let the buyer pick the color.

A friend of a friend exports Corvettes to Oz, and his favorite paint is "Resale Red". I'd pay for any other color in a muscle car than Earth tones: beige, brown or refrigerator green.

A friend of a friend exports Corvettes to Oz, and his favorite paint is "Resale Red". I'd pay for any other color in a muscle car than Earth tones: beige, brown or refrigerator green.
"Hang around brown" lol

yep, color does effect sales. Could be if it's a rare car the original color is best. But for me, I'll pay more for red, blue, silver, etc etc over dark brown. That's just me. But the original B5 is always good
Other than high impact colors, B5 is one of the most popular colors. What's not to like.

001.jpg

B5 is both popular and the original colour, two keys in a buyers decision to buy a car

I like original colors... however unpopular. Guess i am a purist. Also seems like it may be easier to blend the small detail areas that might get missed if you ar not removing the original paint.
Having said all that if it is purely a financial transaction and you are wanting to max your investment then the tried and true colors everyone likes might win out idk
I am not a painter but I would think some colors may be more forgiving (easier) to get a good looking paint job (ie non metallics)

Is this a rhetorical question?
Does color affect sale....
Does a good looking woman get you excited more than an ugly one?
Does a higher wage make you happier?
Come on, man....Of COURSE paint color makes a difference. FM3 was a one year color for a reason...it sold poorly. B-5 was so good, they brought it back for the next generation of musclecars!
Challenger 3-14 244.JPG

Ask anybody who owns a factory FM3 pink car if the color matters when it’s time to sell....

Or if the car is green....lol

i feel the exact opposite
i feel like a bad paint color belongs on a muscle car, it is part of the "no thrills" philosophy"
baby puke green
dog turd brown
those to me look much more "muscle-y" then the high impact colors (because the high impact colors were an option to spend money on things that were show, not go)
with the exception of EL5, i love the color on a muscle car and even thought it is part of the high impact colors, i feel it looks right on a muscle car

now, all of this is useless information anyway, since im not in the market for a demon
but if i were, id pay more for the "non stand out" paint (kinda like an unmarked police car)

(oh, and dont forget the sizzler hood graphics)

fbf84bb85beb9ce3f18fdd9d09f5974c.jpg

I just went through the same dilemma. I'm keeping mine factory color. But, I do plan on keeping it. B5 blue is pretty I've had 2 Challenger's in that color.:thumbsup:

Of course color affects the sale.
As I get older, the color of the car is less important than the condition.
And after doing a few color changes in my day, I now find that it's areal PITA to do it properly.
It's a lot of work to say the least..........
I do however, like the dark greens, I have a Demon Sizzler that is F7 with a F7 interior and that's one of the reasons that I bought the car.
My '74 Dart Sport is a dark green color as well (KG8), and again it is one of the reasons that I love the car so much.
Some people are really picky and the car will be painted the color of their choice, no matter what.
So, I tend to agree more with post #3 by Alaskan_TA and let the buyer choose the color that they want............

BTW, some great pics posted of the Demons.
I like them all, but the Sizzler in post # 19 really turns my crank!
And to the o.p., Hey, it's a Demon, you will not have a hard time selling it no matter what the color is...........

I agree w DIY,
My 1st Mopar was an F5 green 69 GTS. I hated the color then. I got teased about my "Army green" car.
Now, that color is soo badass. Wish I had it back.

-
Back