Does this car have a usable part on it?

-
glass - one or two pieces of chrome... mostly just trim pieces though
Hurst floor shifter, all the manual transmission parts to switch over from a automatic - 4speed setup , clutch pedals, linkage, ect.
273 motor adjustable rocker arms, trim , bucket seat tracks. A lot of small parts if you want to take the time to part it out.

Maybe not the $1500 first bid worth of stuff but there's a lot of useful stuff. To start all 4-speed items: shifter, hump, pedals, etc. Then there's the V8 stuff; mounts steering link etc. and then a lot of small trim.
But it would take some time & effort - not sure it would be worth it.

Maybe not the $1500 first bid worth of stuff but there's a lot of useful stuff. To start all 4-speed items: shifter, hump, pedals, etc. Then there's the V8 stuff; mounts steering link etc. and then a lot of small trim.
But it would take some time & effort - not sure it would be worth it.

Whoever parted it out would be sitting on most of those parts for months or years before they could break even. IMO it's a $300 car and only to someone restoring a Barracuda.

As most say, manual Trans parts, some good trim here and there, v8 centerlink, maybe the inner fenders from what I could see.
Not worth $1500 though, maybe just maybe after the hassle of removing it and parting it you might JUST get your money back. There should be more of an incentive for you to buy IE: a lower price. I wouldn't pay more than $2-300 for it tops, unless you really needed some of the few parts it has to offer.

It's just sad to see a car like this, with every exterior panel (accept maybe the roof:rolleyes: ) bent or rusted. Yes it has 4 spd parts but i bet there a mess as well.

I thought the 4 speed parts would be worth more. I remember a couple of years ago seeing one sold for 2000 that looked worse, and the reason he wanted it was to convert his to a 4 speed. Just a thought

The bumpers don't look so bad and the chrome wheel well trim is there as well

You guys are kidding, right? I could turn that car into between eight and ten grand over the course of a year.
Every single nut, bolt, bracket and scrap of unrusted metal has a home waiting for it somewhere

You guys are kidding, right? I could turn that car into between eight and ten grand over the course of a year.
Every single nut, bolt, bracket and scrap of unrusted metal has a home waiting for it somewhere

Then go for it.
$1500 should be a steal for you on that untapped future goldmine of eight to ten grand.

To me the whole car looks usable....if I were closer to it, I would buy it.

I can't believe how cheap early As are and how cheapo the early A crowd is. If that were a 67-9, it would be triple that, so 15 isn't bad at all for a 2 door V8 4 speed car. Imo

Then go for it.
$1500 should be a steal for you on that untapped future goldmine of eight to ten grand.
1487890671293887595755.jpg

Already picking away at that exact car right now. Made that on it with plenty to go.
When I part one out, there's nothing left that you can't sweep into a garbage bag and leave at the curb

Then add another one and keep picking.
I have a lot/shop that is already packed with a dozen parts cars...if I had the room for that one, it would be on it's way right now.
BUT...that one looks like it could be a good save. I would probably throw a few parts at it and flip as is

$(KGrHqVHJEYE-kczUWZTBP0jMOsLg!~~60_3.JPG

Pic from the car in that ad.
Most guys look at that and see a crunched door and would probably just toss it.
Somebody who knows the market sees:
Twin Post mirror, between $40 and $75
Door handle $20-40
Early Lock cylinder $20
Vent Frame $30-$75
Vent Window $25
Door Latch and Linkage $40
Window Regulator $30
I see a nice lower corner patch panel $40
If the door glass is in there, another $60
Door Card Stainless trim $20
Arm Rest and base $20-$40
Door latch patch panel $40
I'm sure there is more, but you get the idea.
Now, go through the entire car, inside out, top to bottom with that same eye, and tell me how much money you think is sitting there

Last edited:
View attachment 1715020999
Pic from the car in that ad.
Most guys look at that and see a crunched door and would probably just toss it.
Somebody who knows the market sees:
Twin Post mirror, between $40 and $75
Door handle $20-40
Early Lock cylinder $20
Vent Frame $30-$75
Vent Window $25
Door Latch and Linkage $40
Window Regulator $30
I see a nice lower corner patch panel $40
If the door glass is in there, another $60
Door Card Stainless trim $20
Arm Rest and base $20-$40
Door latch patch panel $40
I'm sure there is more, but you get the idea.
Now, go through the entire car, inside out, top to bottom with that same eye, and tell me how much money you think is sitting there

Yeah but this car is pretty far gone, I'll bet a lot of that stuff is pitted and rusted and not worth all that much. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there's valuable parts to had, but this was road hard and never ever put up at all!

This would an excellent buy for parts, if I already had an 64-65 Barracuda, and I needed the little extra to finish my project, but for half the asking price. Title, is there a title, bill of sales only? I would never touch this without a title or at least a salvage title. Unfortunately here, and laws ARE different state to state, the salvage yards here will not take the hull without a title, or salvage title it has to be in my name. Been there, I will never buy without a title, to me a “bill of sales” is just something to wipe your butt with when your without.

-
Back