Dollar General. True story I think. Lol

-
The George Castanza of the board room...............

Those Bastards came and remodeled my local one.. added a bunch of Chi-com crap, and jacked up the price of food, drinks, ect...

I live outside a small town named Freeport and we just got one in Freeport. But then again after 200 plus years we got our second red light too. Then about every five miles we have another one. Not far from those stored we have Dollar General Stores, and Big Lot stores

I was cruising through the Ocala National Forest going from Tampa the Daytona, seems like I passed one of them about every ten miles
That ain't bad- if you've ever been to Honolulu, there's an ABC store on damn near every block...

We have a Dollar Tree here as well. Everything is $1. Well it was. Now everything is $1.50! LMAO

I can get to 4 of these stores and pull in there parking lot in 30 minutes on a mini bike :lol:
Well, in my truck for sure :steering:

Here’s the crazy part.
AA3F2498-B184-4C09-BD30-28588EFB864D.jpeg

I think the DG business model is great.

They strategically place stores on secondary roads into neighborhoods, surrounding a wal-mart, effectively siphoning off business, with the same or lower prices, shorter drives on less busy roads, less parking lot hassle, and less checkout line hassle.

Selection is an issue, but it seems to be working.

... you do get a fair share of "wal-martians".

The FD (now also owners of Dollar Tree) business model is not the same.
Around here there are 3-5 DG stores for every FD or DT store.

A perhaps unintended coincidence, is the return of the neighborhood "general store", albeit under national corporate management.

I don't mind driving 2 minutes to DG for $13 18 pack of beer, and a $3 pizza and can be there and back in about 10-15 min.

WM is another 2 miles/8 min just to get there, and a hell of a lot more frustration.

They could just about fix that with some management directives/training.

Often there are 2 employees and one will be elsewhere in the store, unaware (or feigning) of a register backup.

You never hear them get called up front.

Still, even behind three full carts is only sometimes "just as bad" as WM and never worse.

Factor in the shorter drive and parking lot experience and it's still a win for DG.

The only reason I would stop there is that they Used to carry my favorite gum.
None of them seem to have it anymore, for the past 6 months, so I don`t even bother to stop.
That`s why it`s crashing. See one person can collapse a corp.
:lol:

Beeman's. or Clove?

Blackjack?

-
Back