Dome Lamp fuse draining battery, possibly trunk light?

-
pulled out both c pillar bulbs, the map light, and disconnected the cigar lighter, still pulling 1.2amps. What about that time delay switch? where is that? and maybe could it be the actual door jamb switches?

Time delay I believe is 68 only and not all 68's. I believe its right by ign switch. Console light? Glove box light?

yeah that delay thingy is there near the ignition switch ( right side of I think ). It's just a round metal can, like a flasher module except much longer than those.
We know the fault is in the dome lamp circuit and door jamb switches are part of that. The basic single wire switches aren't prone to failure. One can screw those out without first disconnecting the wire from behind. twisting that single wire does no harm. In some cases the center post of the switch will rotate instead of twisting the wire. All that is different with the 2 wire switches. Twisting 2 wires can draw them together possibly creating a short. Those with time delay have 2 wire switches ? I forget.

-
Back