Done for the year.

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
The 340 is hurting. Even with a fresh pan of 20/50 once the car warms up I have 10psi of oil pressure at idle and 25psi from 1500rpms up. Time pull the motor out and dee what needs to be fixed. So much for racing at LVD next month. :-({|=

AdamR said:
The 340 is hurting. Even with a fresh pan of 20/50 once the car warms up I have 10psi of oil pressure at idle and 25psi from 1500rpms up. Time pull the motor out and dee what needs to be fixed. So much for racing at LVD next month. :({|=

Sorry to hear your fish is sick.....May the horsepower Gods be smiling on you when you decide to rebuild. As for me, they are torturing my sorry *** unmercifully. :axe:

Sorry to hear that Adam. Man This sucks, I was hopeing to meet up with you up there.
Was the pressure low before you changed it?
Guess I'll have to get a new pair of sneakers, so we can run the 60'.

I'm still going, just without the car again.

Yes the pressure was low before I changed it. Just like it is now. 10psi at idle. Rory thinks its a bad sending unit, My pressure guage is electric but I have a feeling its not the guage. If it was it wouldnt read 50psi when its cold then drop to 10.

I already added up the cost for a new short block. $1600 in parts figure another $800 for machining. Now I just need money.

After 7 years of being beat to death I think its going to need more then bearings

sorry to hear of your problem. can't argue with 7 yrs of beating on her. now you know how you'll spend the winter. good luk

Sorry to hear that Adam, but look at this as an opportunity to make some changes..I know you have some in mind. Good luck on your rebuild. Terry B.

Weren't you working on a stroker already? What parts do you have, and what do you still need?

I started collecting parts to redo this motor but didnt get very much yet. I have a set of Magnum heads and a timing chain. Thats as far as I git. I had a cam but its now in Johns 360. The Magnum heads have been sitting at the machine shop waiting to get chacked for cracks. They've been there 2 or 3 months now.

I did find a nice just freshend 340 for $2500. Great deal but Im about $2350 short right now.

sorry to here about that! wish i could help you out but my wallet is also empty...

AdamR said:
The 340 is hurting. Even with a fresh pan of 20/50 once the car warms up I have 10psi of oil pressure at idle and 25psi from 1500rpms up. Time pull the motor out and dee what needs to be fixed. So much for racing at LVD next month. :-({|=

*And the crowd starts chanting* HEMI.....HEMI.....HEMI!

:D

I know you`ve got your mind made up , but have you tried shimming the relief spring in the oil pump? And , oh yes HEMI is good .
Chryco 557

Picture 40a.jpg

-
Back