Done with SUMMIT!!!

-
I used to work in Customer Service at Summit in Ohio. I don't understand why they would tell you that...there were plenty of times when we would have to go below cost to satisfy the customer. Many times we had to eat the cost of the part to keep a customer happy. Did you talk to a salesman? If you ever have a problem, call them back and ask to speak to a senior customer service rep or a team leader. They have ALOT more authority than the salesmen, or the entry level reps. I was a senior rep, and I would often spend alot of time OFF the phones researching customer situations and trying to get them the best outcome. You can't give up because of one person, who knows, they could have been having a bad day and may have been fired for that phone call. The calls are recorded and listened to by a whole team of people, and thats how you are evaluated as an employee. Boy do I miss the discount.

I used to work in Customer Service at Summit in Ohio. I don't understand why they would tell you that...there were plenty of times when we would have to go below cost to satisfy the customer. Many times we had to eat the cost of the part to keep a customer happy. Did you talk to a salesman? If you ever have a problem, call them back and ask to speak to a senior customer service rep or a team leader. They have ALOT more authority than the salesmen, or the entry level reps. I was a senior rep, and I would often spend alot of time OFF the phones researching customer situations and trying to get them the best outcome. You can't give up because of one person, who knows, they could have been having a bad day and may have been fired for that phone call. The calls are recorded and listened to by a whole team of people, and thats how you are evaluated as an employee. Boy do I miss the discount.

Ya I spoke to the sales manager and he said no can do. He said even if the part was in stock, aka because summit doesnt match parts out of stock, they would not.

Summit has a distribution center in Reno. I can usually get parts in one business day shipped ground. That alone covers any price difference. However, Summit's catalog prices are already pretty competitive. I stay away from Jegs. Their Mopar parts seem to be higher. It's either Summit or Mancini for me.

I was looking for more ugly Yugo shots, but instead I found......

309d7bf4.jpg

We have a bunch of these driving around where I live. It's ridiculous and I laugh almost every time I see one.

Yeah, those sales managers have no real authority there. They would have had to transfer you over to service if it is below what they pay. You can always get it price matched at summit. You just gotta talk to the Customer Service guys, we were on the other side of the building from sales. Honestly, I didn't get along with the salesmen. You know how many mistakes I had to fix that they made? But, I guess that kept me in a job lol. Even though I'm a little biased because I worked there and I know how their system works, I still get my parts 1. where they are in stock 2. where they are cheapest 3. where the shipping is cheapest. I gotta pay taxes on Summit stuff here in Ohio, so I keep that in mind too. Every place has jerkoffs that work there I guess. I'd have taken care of ya easy if I still worked there! I was the only mopar guy in Service, I had guys asking me tech questions instead of the technical dept lol.

Thanks metallidart, wish you did still work there, but no use crying over spilled milk. ITs over. I just know to get my parts local now, so that I can deal with someone in person.

I buy from Summit and Jegs, like them both.

-
Back