DONK, What does it stand for?

-

64dart170

Reaction score
I know, I know....
They have big wheels, usually 4 doors that open up not out.
Weird paint jobs with name brands of breakfast cerial, cartoons, etc...

But what the heck does "Donk" stand for besides, "I'm weird":happy10:

I must really be getting old. I don't get out much and the only way I see these is on "You drive what?" Web site. No customs round these parts like that!8)

wow, never knew that one. LOL. I thought it was the whole rap culture thing how Donk would refer to something thats bigger than usual

The term donk came from the impala symbol on any chevy impala from the year 1971 to 1976, because the symbol looked like a "donkey".

Hi-Risers are a type of highly customized automobile, typically an inexpensive American-built sedan modified by significantly increasing the ground clearance and adding large-diameter wheels with low-profile tires. Depending on the model and build year, autos customized in this manner can be labeled "donk," "box," or "bubble."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Riser_(automobile)

There ugly as heck:vom::vom: Can't wait to see a smartcar with big wheels on it.

There's a few of those around here. Makes me laugh every time I see one. Takes half a parking lot to make simple turn.

Maybe donk is the sound they made when their momma's dropped 'em on their heads at an early age?

Those look so messed up! However, I do think the clear wheel centers were a nice touch.

sweet! i think im gonna order me up so 40 inch wheels and paint juicyfruit on the side of my car......
your funny i thought it stood for more money than brains. by the way saw your wagon in fremont sweeeeeetest setup what kind of front wheels are those???

Those look so messed up! However, I do think the clear wheel centers were a nice touch.

Yeah, I was looking at those pretty close too! Kinda wondering stuff like plexi thickness and did the have it on a mill like billet alum to turn the centers to produce the domed shape!??!8)

Donkey cart. The extra large diameter wheels made the cart easier to pull for the farm animals. I suppose they make a car easier for the homies to push too. A thousand dollars in wheels and out of gas. Can't have everything. LOL

Although I'm not a fan of these cars, the amount
of labour and skills to get a car to that level must
be tough.
In that vid I saw straight axles and 4 wheel peel.
I can see some mad paint, machinist work and
attention to detail.
Having said all that, overall they make me
a little qweeze.
The bikes were sweet!!

-
Back