-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serj22

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
When my rear driver's side door hinge collapsed into the door, it left a hole, which i now have someone willing to do a repair for free for me (at least so the door opens and closes for now) and fab up a surround for the plate to go onto.

I need the little plate thing that the hinge bolted to that has threads in it, and then that part kind of clipped into the door or something? It's hard to tell. I'm hoping someone knows what I'm talking about. Here's a photo of what's left. I have the hinge, I just need the plate that was where this hole is...

I am hoping someone has one they would give for free, but if I gotta pay, I'll pay. I don't know if this is a 4 door specific piece or what, but if no one has one I'm assuming we'll have to figure something else out. It's just getting harder to put my son in the car on the opposite side all the time now.

Well of course its 4 door specific. They aren't the same for every 4 door A-body either.

Thank you Lee, I'm heavily considering it, but may have to wait a couple weeks to spend that much money - since I'd ideally want it painted before it graces my car, unless it's a modern brass colored coating already, that's a different story - but doubt it.

Sorry about not specifying the car - it's a 1968 Dart 270 4 doors. And what I meant b being 4 door specific, is if they didn't use the same plate on the front doors.

FOUND - My Shop landlord was kind enough to donate one out of his huge rust-car collection. Had my friend make a repair and it swings open and closed nicely again. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back