door latch striker

-

greg

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a new striker for the driver side door of a 1968 Dart?

New? no......but there should be plenty of good used ones out there. The same striker was used for many years and models.

Yeah, if the body is cracked around the striker, that repair kit will do the job. If you just need a striker, get one off the rear door of a 4 door. I've found some of those that look like new!

Thanks for posting that link, both the striker bolts have been broke off and welded back to the body on my dads 71 duster that we are about to start restoring. We were trying to figure out what to do about it

here is what i just cam out of the garage from doing
i had the same problem. someone put two sheetmetal screws into it to hold in place. uh, uh. not on my car. while i did not have funds to buy the piece, i luckily have some skills to do my own.

i started out with removing the striker itself. once i took the scres out, it just fell out. i cut a square are out of a parts car, and put it in from behine. then marked location, and drilled 4 holes in the corners, for spot welds. i also had to come up with the sheetmetal that was missing off of the striker also, so, i took one of the washer from the old one, and reamed out the center to 1 inch round. this way, when i weld the piece in, the striker will be at same distanc out off the jam as factory. i also welded the washer to the origional metal that was torn up. ground it all smooth and now ready to put a light coat of mud to make it look factory. when i am done, you will never know the difference!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 004.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 005.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 006.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 007.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 136
-