Door Lock/Latch mechanism query

-

synchro66

Reaction score
I just purchased this A body door lock / latch mechanism off ebay and need to install it into my project Valiant Charger here in Australia. Does anyone have the schematic for these units, showing the positioning / placement of the linkages ?

401260927_740189747998490_2835196982786498055_n.jpg

I just purchased this A body door lock / latch mechanism off ebay and need to install it into my project Valiant Charger here in Australia. Does anyone have the schematic for these units, showing the positioning / placement of the linkages ?

View attachment 1716181917

IMG_1705 (2).JPG

Not sure if this helps. 1971 Demon door. The rod at 12 o clock with the white clip goes to the exterior door handle.

That would be a guessing game for us here in the U.S. Aussie versions may be different than our Yank versions depending on the year and model.

That would be a guessing game for us here in the U.S. Aussie versions may be different than our Yank versions depending on the year and model.
The latch is from US … it is identical to the the AU one in our A Bodies. Just need to see which linkages go where. A Schematic would show that hopefully.

My only suggestion is to wander over to MyMopar.com and download the closest thing you can get to the service manual and the parts manual. They are free. You might have to settle for Dodge / vs Plymouth, and a "close year."

-
Back