double flaring tool

-
I really, REALLY want to know how you could mess one of these up
You and me both. The guy just handed me back my tool in pieces. Literally, broken arbor, broken clamp, and even bent the lever. I've no clue.

That's for the input guys. Like said, I NEVER use a flaring tool, but I do have to make all the lines for this Toad. If I was made of $ I would by the best out there, BUT...... I just want a tool that will do the job, at the least cost! There are PARTS to be bought you know!!!! ha

That's for the input guys. Like said, I NEVER use a flaring tool, but I do have to make all the lines for this Toad. If I was made of $ I would by the best out there, BUT...... I just want a tool that will do the job, at the least cost! There are PARTS to be bought you know!!!! ha
Buy your choice, flare some lines, and get back to us with the results. Inquiring minds want to know. What kind of line will you be using? The new green colored stuff in the coil seems to be very popular and easy to work with here in the rust belt.

Buy your choice, flare some lines, and get back to us with the results. Inquiring minds want to know. What kind of line will you be using? The new green colored stuff in the coil seems to be very popular and easy to work with here in the rust belt.
NO rust her in SE TEXAS!!!!! Just lots of water some days! I will get back with results, but reminder I am 70 and move like a herd of turtles!
Changing rear ends, chasing electrical boogers, getting engine to start after HOW?? many years? Some more bodywork, ETC! ha... And it is still HOT here too! When it is not raining. My garage is a large pine right now.

If you're double flaring, make sure your cuts are straight. I find that chamfering the inside of the tube and using some antiseize on the arbor and tip of the tube makes it a lot easier.

If you're double flaring, make sure your cuts are straight. I find that chamfering the inside of the tube and using some antiseize on the arbor and tip of the tube makes it a lot easier.
Great tips!

make sure you get the Rigid tool that has the double flare buttons. Some models don't come with them and are only for single flares. Difference is $50 (23332 345) vs $80 (Ridgid 23337 345-DL) on Amazon.

-
Back