Dougs 67 Notch build

-
Moses Lake? There is a Moses Lake road just across the border in Washington. Im in Trail B.C,so we may practically be neighbours,lol. Beautiful garage by the way.

Im not a Ford guy,but I'll forgive you as you have a mopar too!!

Nice job, I`m dreading the day I finally peel off my top to do the same repairs. Did you cut out these areas and replace the metal? if so, pics of that would be appreciated8) cant wait to see the new vinal top if replacing? that will be a sharp car to be proud of, but I`m partial:-D maybe your resto will inspire me to get off my azz and get er done8)
MH-I cut the bad areas out with my die grinder and fabricated small patch panels and welded them in. Then I painted everything with Por-15 and let it cure out. Then I started sanding and using what body filler I needed to bring it back to final grade.

Moses Lake? There is a Moses Lake road just across the border in Washington. Im in Trail B.C,so we may practically be neighbours,lol. Beautiful garage by the way.

Im not a Ford guy,but I'll forgive you as you have a mopar too!!

NARO Yes, we are the Moses Lake south of you. Like all projects, the garage had to come first. That is my first Ford product, as close as I will ever come to a Comet Cyclone. I will admit, I did the Comet first but I like working on the Barracuda more. Next a 68/9 Dart???????
Rat

MH-I cut the bad areas out with my die grinder and fabricated small patch panels and welded them in. Then I painted everything with Por-15 and let it cure out. Then I started sanding and using what body filler I needed to bring it back to final grade.

NARO Yes, we are the Moses Lake south of you. Like all projects, the garage had to come first. That is my first Ford product, as close as I will ever come to a Comet Cyclone. I will admit, I did the Comet first but I like working on the Barracuda more. Next a 68/9 Dart???????
Rat

I do know someone here that has a 67 Dart and may br looking to sell. I thnik it's a roller,with a tig welded cage. Drop in a drivetrain and go.

Nice job, I`m dreading the day I finally peel off my top to do the same repairs. Did you cut out these areas and replace the metal? if so, pics of that would be appreciated8) cant wait to see the new vinal top if replacing? that will be a sharp car to be proud of, but I`m partial:-D maybe your resto will inspire me to get off my azz and get er done8)

MH Per your request i finally got the photos back of the cutting and patching.
Right side before & after, left side before & after I after the por 15 work.

BCrhbfre.jpg

BCrhaftr.jpg

BClhbfre.jpg

BClhaftr.jpg

BCaftrpor15.jpg

Got the car back yesterday and have the new vinyl top installed and a new factory replacement headliner installed at the same time. They did the sun visors and rear package tray at the same time. My next move is to remove the front fenders and suspension and remove the engine & transmission for rebuilding. While they are out, I will do my disc brake conversion, my 8 1/4 SG rear end install and remove the dash for complete refurbishment. I will be installing a rear firewall of .093 aluminum to quiet things down and fasten the dynamat to. Good times ahoy-------straight ahead to daylight mr spock!!!!!

Cudahdl1.jpg

Cudatop1.jpg

Cudatop3.jpg

Boy, your not wasting any time, looks great, nice work...

This is what I did today, getting ready to yank the engine
& Transmission. Grandchild duties & work kept me busy for
a while but I hope to have it apart in a week or two,
Rat

BC11-15.jpg

BC11-15A.jpg

BC11-15B.jpg

I have been working on the car. Here are a few new ones.
I am ready to take the engine to the machine shop and start
on the disc brake conversion and suspension rebuild.
The engine is out of the car now which will be some later photos.
I have a transmission builder on line to build my 904 and modify
my converter to 2800/3000 stall. The engine is going to my machinest
who has built several engines for me and looking forward to a 273 mopar
with some aftermarket goodies. Getting ready to spend the serious $$$$$.
Need a set of SB TTI headers, may have to buy new as I missed the
one here that just sold. ;-(
RAt

BC teardown1.JPG

BC teardown2.JPG

BC teardown3.JPG

BC teardown4.JPG

I have the engine out and at the machine shop. We have agreed on the build for the engine and I am gathering up all the parts & pieces I will need to put the engine together. It will be similar to toolmanmike's build in ways. My friend has 2 powdercoating ovens and has offered to do everything that will fit in his ovens so I will be blowing the suspension off the car and bead blasting all the small parts for powdercoat. I have the KH disc conversion ready to go on and am debating between energy suspension and PST for the parts I will need. I have decided to keep the converter closer to stock than previously thought and I am looking high & low for a stock sway bar for the front. Will post my parts collection in a future post. Gotta love building Mopar Madness:snakeman: Sorry for the photo quality, I keep a disposable camera on the workbench and the WW quality sucks!

BC engine pull 1.jpg

BC engine pull 2.jpg

BC engine pull 3.jpg

BC engine pull 4.jpg

BC engine pull 5.jpg

BC engine pull 6.jpg

Lookin' good

That's a good idea to do the up front work with all of the sheet metal
removed. That's the way we are doing mine. Might save a headache down the road with scratches and such. Keep the pics coming.

sweet barracuda. I have a red 67 notchback too, original 273 2bbl + 4spd, going to run with 440+ 4spd+dana 60. Allready welded / painted, needs reassembly.....

cuda.jpg.JPG

cudataka.jpg

cudamaalis_10.jpg (3).jpg

cudamaalis10 002.jpg (4).jpg

Had a good few days. Got all the suspension out of the Barracuda. Now I will strip the firewall and get the engine compartment ready for body color paint. Meanwhile my engine builder is going on the engine. Now I will be sandblasting and beadblasting the suspension parts for powdercoat and paint. Having fun, working on it a little bit at a time. Have to order a bunch more parts this coming week. Had a minor crisis with the single groove keeper and the 2 groove keeper. Had do reorder 8 sets of each as the new exhaust valves were single groove and I changed to 10 Deg retainers and keepers. Be posting painted parts next I guess----------- Hope all is well with you Mopar builders out there-------
Warmest Regards, Rat:-D

5-22 Susp1.jpg

5-22 Susp2.jpg

5-22Susp3.jpg

5-22Susp4.jpg

The first two are my 273 back from the machine shop waiting for me to assemble it. I have spent the last 5-6 days at the beadblast cabinet and the last three are of some of the parts that are going to powdercoat tomorrow evening. I have five boxes of parts to do so we will see how it goes. Next will be sandblasting the K-frame & sway bar and selecting the proper paint for all the parts that will be painted instead of powdercoated. Cheers all8)

273 Home.jpg

273 Parts.jpg

Off to PC1.jpg

Off to PC2.jpg

Off to PC3.jpg

Some shots of my outdoor paint booth. I have to pick a no wind condition and I was able to get the epoxy primer on a lot of the parts. The primed ones are hanging on my parts storage bench. Today I hung up a 1/8" aircraft cable inside the shop for more prep/dry capability. The parts hanging on it are ready for primer. Tomorrw I will finish powdercoating the parts that will get that treatment and then start painting the primed parts with chassis black topcoat. Great time of year for this kind of work. Looking forward to doing the engine bay next. Cheers, Rat:cheers:

PrePrime1.jpg

Primed1.jpg

PB1.jpg

PB2.jpg

PB3.jpg

Kinda looks like a balance beam! Look out for gymnasts trying it out,lol..

Here is all the parts that will get powdercoated. Everything else is getting epoxy primer and chassis black. Hope to have black on most of the painted parts by the end of the week. I may powdercoat the sway bar attachment brackets but I have to beadblast the cad coating off them first but what is in the photos is pretty much it. Have most of the unprimed parts prepped & hung, neighbors had a BBQ so I couldn't set up my "green" spraybooth;-)
Cheers, Rat:cheers:

PC 1.jpg

PC 2.jpg

Had my K-Frame, sway bar and exhaust manifolds Pro-sandblasted. Then gave them the epoxy primer and chassis black treatment. Everything else I beadblasted in our blast cabinet. I had my pipefitter build the temp dolly for the front end so I can roll the car outside for engine bay clean prep and paint. My goal is to have the engine bay in primer by the 18th of July. Then body color and I can roll it back in and put the front suspension back under the car. Photos below----------:cheers: I would like to find a place to get my exhaust manifolds Ceramic coated as I had planned on TTI's but the budget likes the stockers better. Referrals for true ceramic coating welcome.

Kframe1.jpg

Kexhaust1.jpg

Kdolly1.jpg

Kbeadblast1.jpg

-
Back