Doug's Headers in 64-66 A-Body

-
I think it can only help dropping it down. Would it help to shift it a bit from one side to the other. What heads are on it? If the exhaust flange face on the heads is on a different than stock angle that could move things side to side a bit, probably not up and down much.

I think it can only help dropping it down. Would it help to shift it a bit from one side to the other. What heads are on it? If the exhaust flange face on the heads is on a different than stock angle that could move things side to side a bit, probably not up and down much.
It has a magnum 360 from blue print. Doug’s headers part d450. Schumacher mounts. I bought thinner mount pads to see if they work. It almost seems like the pipe that goes between the starter and torsion bar was welded in wrong. Not enough bend in it to clear the torsion bar. But clears the mini starter just fine.

@Mopar Tim has a Magnum stroker in his 66 Dart. What headers are you using?
I just loosened my headers. Yup the torsion bar went right in. Someone mention the heads might be at a slightly different angle. Seems to be. I emailed Petronix guys says he had trouble getting touch with an engineer. That was last Friday.

Wat size diameter are your torsion bars ? Im having some series issues with fitment on my 64 valiant 340 with 10.5" housing
I have 1.03 torsion bars. I have about 320 miles since new engine install. And the drivers side header needs more persuasion. Everything must have settled in and steering linkage at the nut that connects the tie rod end to the pitman arm is running into the header really bad. I may have to shim the drivers side engine mount again. Good luck.

Wat size diameter are your torsion bars ? Im having some series issues with fitment on my 64 valiant 340 with 10.5" housing
I have 1.14 bars, so about as big as you can get. I did have to give the end of the bars a couple of taps with a dead blow hammer to get the hex through the two header pipes. Its a bit snug going through but not to the point that you have to hit it hard at all. Keep in mind I use the stock mounts and have the left side of the block tied down.

-
Back