Dougs headers

-

bdusted440

Reaction score
I have run a-lot of headers over the years but I never bought the expensive ones. usually couldn't afford them or was just too cheep. There just headers right? Well I finally bought a set of coated dougs headers from autozone with the discount code. I figured what the heck. I could not believe how easy they went in, no dings no denting, no tweaking. And I can get at the driver side plugs. Can you say no more burnt plug wires. And this is on a 74 gold duster with a mild 360 and 904 with p/s . Im just blow away. I guess you get what you pay for holds true here as well.Im so glad the aftermarket has come out with all the parts they have as they didn't exist back in the 70 and80's. I guess what I wanted to say is ill never buy a cheap set again.

I like the one I got for my 64 dart, with a couple of exceptions. I have the 10" clutch, power steering, and a mini starter, but I had to replace my steering coupler with an expensive flaming river ujoint, and getting the clutch linkage to work just right was a *****. Thank God I had Curtis (@waggin ) do it for me. He did a great job.

I like the one I got for my 64 dart, with a couple of exceptions. I have the 10" clutch, power steering, and a mini starter, but I had to replace my steering coupler with an expensive flaming river ujoint, and getting the clutch linkage to work just right was a *****. Thank God I had Curtis (@waggin ) do it for me. He did a great job.

Curtis is an awesome mechanic... :thumbsup:

I just installed my engine and Doug's D453 headers. ...I had to massage them just a little by the steering column. ...no big deal....
Overall they fit great!

Jeff

I have them on both my cars.
Won't need replaced every 2 or 3 years like the cheaper ones.

I had a set of Doug's on my 69 340 swinger for over 10 years and when I sold them they were still in great shape.

I am so over the 1 size fits all 3 tube under the steering linkage headers

Broken engine mount, etc, those things bind up the steering, can be flat DANGEROUS. First pair I had was when I put the 340 into the 70RR in the early seventies. "No internet" then, LOL

Mid 80's on a Duster with Black Jack's aluminum coated. That heavy white coating. It was actually very very good. Don't know why it was stopped.

one side

2016-07-11 15.54.32.jpg

I have run a-lot of headers over the years but I never bought the expensive ones. usually couldn't afford them or was just too cheep. There just headers right? Well I finally bought a set of coated dougs headers from autozone with the discount code. I figured what the heck. I could not believe how easy they went in, no dings no denting, no tweaking. And I can get at the driver side plugs. Can you say no more burnt plug wires. And this is on a 74 gold duster with a mild 360 and 904 with p/s . Im just blow away. I guess you get what you pay for holds true here as well.Im so glad the aftermarket has come out with all the parts they have as they didn't exist back in the 70 and80's. I guess what I wanted to say is ill never buy a cheap set again.

back in the day, we ran dougs headers on the hemi. when the rage went to hooker, we tried a set, the hemi kept blowing them apart. thot we might have had a bad set, tied another set, same thing. had to have welding done on them every once in a while, should have kept the dougs in stead of selling them.

bdusted440, are my eyes deceiving me, or is the power-steering pressure line touching the header pipe? Even if it isn't, wouldn't being so close to that line cook the power-steering fluid? Just curious...

Travis

Look at the first picture, the line is higher than it looks like in the last picture, and not real near the header

-
Back