Dougs Headers

-

Arrow

Reaction score
Hello, have a 66 GT Dart - 4 speed floor, manual steering, 340 engine ( rebuilding now ). Has anyone used Doug header # D450-B ( sold for 63 to 66 darts ) Wonder if this design was used in the old D-Darts. Just concerned about fit. Any info would help. Thanks

I've had a set for about 15 years.........I thought fitment was ok, though the coupler joint rubbed on a tube, dimpled it and was fine......my instructions did not ask you to remove a torsion bar, just (very carefully) slipped the collector up over the T-bar, used a mini starter..........if you are putting in headers, might as well clearance the passenger side structural at the tranny mount for pipe clearance.......another thing, periodically pull the tubes that are slip fit, they will, over time, oxidize and stick to gether

And yes they are a copy of the old D-Dart headers

I've had a set for about 15 years.........I thought fitment was ok, though the coupler joint rubbed on a tube, dimpled it and was fine......my instructions did not ask you to remove a torsion bar, just (very carefully) slipped the collector up over the T-bar, used a mini starter..........if you are putting in headers, might as well clearance the passenger side structural at the tranny mount for pipe clearance.......another thing, periodically pull the tubes that are slip fit, they will, over time, oxidize and stick to gether

I can say without a doubt, they are not a copy of the old D/Dart headers. They are close.

Thanks for your detailed reply. Ron

I can say without a doubt, they are not a copy of the old D/Dart headers. They are close.
Thanks, I'm hoping for a good fit with min trouble installing. Their site said no restrictions with what I have on car, just couldn't believe

The new ones are not that hard to install. Just be patient. It also helps if you have access to a lift so you can work under the car.

The original ones from 1966 had 1 3/4" primary tubes. They had more slip joints which made the install easier. It took me less than an hour to install the original 1966 driver side header.

They fit and work well.

The new ones are not that hard to install. Just be patient. It also helps if you have access to a lift so you can work under the car.

The original ones from 1966 had 1 3/4" primary tubes. They had more slip joints which made the install easier. It took me less than an hour to install the original 1966 driver side header.
Thanks again, not a ton of parts made for 66 Darts, but that's the fun of it.. The hunt...

They fit and work well.
I have to agree 100%. I have had mine for about close to 20 years, the chrome is still shiny. Very well made and fit great and I have power steering and a 5 speed with the 10.5" bell. Not a big deal getting them in, a bit of finesse and a bunch of patience. I've had mine in and out several times over the years, gets easier every time!

-
Back