Drag Racing is Dying

-
I haven't read through all four pages of this and I'm probably not going to, but like it or not, drifting IS an automobile sport. I'm building a 63 dart as a drift car, and guess what? it takes power, it takes torque, it takes a fine tuned suspension set up, clever weight placement, and lots of ingenuity. on top of all that, it takes skill. I've been drifting for about a year now, and never once used the e-brake. you don't just yank the brake and hold the wheel. you have to really feel where your fronts are pointed, work back and forth between clutch and throttle to control angle, you have to learn how to react in an under steer situation, and learn what the car responds to. I will be putting a hydraulic handbrake in the dart just to experiment with it and see how it works for me. don't put it down because you think it's a ricer sport, Vaughn Gittin Jr won the world championship in a mustang. a ford. an "American muscle car"

also not saying drifting is better than anything else, but thats what i enjoy. i have a scamp thats slowly on its way to straightline racing.

Luckily drag racing is alive and well in my area and the young kids are going faster with help from the LS. I am a Mopar man to the core but I love how the Chevrolet LS engine is bringing kids to the track. Chevrolet Performance department gets A+ in my book.

Luckily drag racing is alive and well in my area and the young kids are going faster with help from the LS. I am a Mopar man to the core but I love how the Chevrolet LS engine is bringing kids to the track. Chevrolet Performance department gets A+ in my book.

Agreed.

22 years old and just finishing up the car to run super stock in div1 on my own no daddy's money just hard work and determination up here the call for racing is still strong its just unfortunately imports and not american muscle

-
Back