Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
^^^we'll turn this race around soon ^^^ Diet has started…. Boy it's fun taking things apart that don't get re-assembled!! :D

Are you going to post pics of your removed parts? Or will it be a sawsall video?

Sunny, 64 degrees here yesterday, spring is on the way!

Are you going to post pics of your removed parts? Or will it be a sawsall video?

Sunny, 64 degrees here yesterday, spring is on the way!
I'll make a video of what we removed and what it all weighed, what we've done to add more hp, and a re-run against my Ram.

Looks like it was close enough to the 16.7 ram that clearly woulda beat my old wagon with its high 17’s.

Looks like it was close enough to the 16.7 ram that clearly woulda beat my old wagon with its high 17’s.
What surprised me is it won the 1st gear battle - with 2.71's, 31" tire and still at 3760 lbs. My Ram, for what it is, is a little punchy.

What surprised me is it won the 1st gear battle - with 2.71's, 31" tire and still at 3760 lbs. My Ram, for what it is, is a little punchy.

Just wondering, did they shift for themselves or did you do it manually?

Just wondering, did they shift for themselves or did you do it manually?
Ram shifts right at redline. The D150 shifts out right where I would shift it manually, so I left it in drive and held the camera... LOL

more in.... as we take weight out... LOL

DSCN2747.JPG

Last edited:
I have have no doubt Jpar you get this ironed out. I for one commend you for the uniqueness of your build, I also built my motor for the uniqueness and the cool factor of a multi carbureted build. dinos have brought great info to our Hobby but they have also killed a lot of the romance of individual builds. Cookie cutter set ups for 10 more horsepower or seven more foot pounds of torque have become the norm. So some people call it jewelry some people call it bling but that works for me my wife doesn't clean my clothes the whitest or make the best meatloaf but she can still Rock a bikini at 40 and is very unique at four foot ten 110 lb so yeah I like bling a lot!

Nice post, but J par is indeed a cookie cutter. He's thrown bad meatloaf and dirty laundry all over my Drag Truck - cuz it ain't a Duster :rolleyes:
:lol:
I'm a chocolate chip cookie eater and there's no bad in the meatloaf made around here.. there's a vast difference between a thread for fun and a thread where learning is needed..
So what counts against the budget? Sawzall blades? I understand you've only had $1,300 into the budget but I just can't believe that building a separate motor to do all the testing and trial and error with gears and the body and all of that and the rear end doesn't count against the budget... it's easy to understand why you don't have tuning problems when you have stock compression motors with stock cams and stock ignition parts...
it's easy to understand why you don't have traction problems when you don't have enough power to break traction.lol..
I can hardly wait to see your 10 second truck in perfect tune... I can hardly wait to see it bite on the drag strip and pull the front tires up and get a 1.40 60 foot...:rolleyes:..
I asked you to stir the pot on mymassive reconstruction thread if you needed to. I was hoping to get help on my carburetors on the carburetor thread.. but you've heard me say that before...

I'm a chocolate chip cookie eater and there's no bad in the meatloaf made around here.. there's a vast difference between a thread for fun and a thread where learning is needed..
So what counts against the budget? Sawzall blades? I understand you've only had $1,300 into the budget but I just can't believe that building a separate motor to do all the testing and trial and error with gears and the body and all of that and the rear end doesn't count against the budget... it's easy to understand why you don't have tuning problems when you have stock compression motors with stock cams and stock ignition parts...
it's easy to understand why you don't have traction problems when you don't have enough power to break traction.lol..
I can hardly wait to see your 10 second truck in perfect tune... I can hardly wait to see it bite on the drag strip and pull the front tires up and get a 1.40 60 foot...:rolleyes:..
I asked you to stir the pot on mymassive reconstruction thread if you needed to. I was hoping to get help on my carburetors on the carburetor thread.. but you've heard me say that before...
was you yelling when you posted this?

So......... now we're endorsing illegal street racing, and still don't have an official quarter mile time.:lol:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

So......... now we're endorsing illegal street racing, and still don't have an official quarter mile time.:lol:

It's been going on for a long time... It gets worse when you see young kids all piled in a car racing much faster cars...

LOL.. I see street racing as when a bunch of cars rip around corners racing from town to town - never have and never will do that. Out of town 1/4 mile marked off in a designated area where there are no side roads, sidewalks, or alcohol/drugs in the drivers is safer than trying to take the kids to a petting zoo in Chicago :D :D :D

It's been going on for a long time... It gets worse when you see young kids all piled in a car racing much faster cars...
Or worse yet when people are enticing ricers at intersections where there are heavy traffic, pedestrians, and wife's screaming because they want no part of it.

LOL.. I see street racing as when a bunch of cars rip around corners racing from town to town - never have and never will do that. Out of town 1/4 mile marked off in a designated area where there are no side roads, sidewalks, or alcohol/drugs in the drivers is safer than trying to take the kids to a petting zoo in Chicago :D :D :D
Not admitting it's wrong LOL it's called justification in case you were wondering... LOL...

fun fun fun :rolleyes: Anyways ....

Last edited:
Another score this morning. Found 2 "next to new" tires (235/75/15) on aluminum rims for the front, and they are "turbine" rims that kind of match the back turbines - sort of .. LOL. 50 bucks for the pair, already mounted and balanced. 10 minutes from my house on CL :)

DSCN2749.JPG

DSCN2750.JPG

DSCN2748.JPG

Another score this morning. Found 2 "next to new" tires (235/75/15) on aluminum rims for the front, and they are "turbine" rims that kind of match the back turbines - sort of .. LOL. 50 bucks for the pair, already mounted and balanced. 10 minutes from my house on CL :)

View attachment 1715485326

View attachment 1715485329

View attachment 1715485330
Are these counted as against the budget? Expected to do 10 second quarter miles? If so what's the year-date on those?..

-
Back